Spring Valley Bus meets Corvair

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sparkywig said:
Looking good mate.
I've got a coil of 8mm copper, pipe bender and a load of compression fittings if you need any. :)

Wish I had of known mate, I too now have a coil of 8mm copper pipe :roll: and a bender! Thanks for the offer anyway

Just

Hi,

Looks great! I have now got a load of pipe, fittings, leak spray, pipe bender, 7 core cable, propex, led front lights, cork floor, digital battery voltage monitors, propex, modified westy sink unit with custom fit 4 burner hob, gas bbq pipe, more soundproofing and insulation and flooring, all ready to fit next week i have a few days off. Bet it'll rain and i wont get nowt done.

Oh, and a gorgeous Momo tan leather interior to modify too....... ;)

Wish i had some wood to do the roof like yours.......

Look forward to more updates!

Cheers,

Alistair

Spent the most part of today trying to sort out a panel for the rear of the roof around the hinges :? In the end I came up with this

001-5.jpg

002-6.jpg

Im not 100% happy, but I did loose the will to live come 4pm :(

I need some edging strip to mask my crap jigsawing where it meets the roof, but once the cupboard is in im sure thing will look ok.......

Just

aogrady said:
Hi,

Looks great! I have now got a load of pipe, fittings, leak spray, pipe bender, 7 core cable, propex, led front lights, cork floor, digital battery voltage monitors, propex, modified westy sink unit with custom fit 4 burner hob, gas bbq pipe, more soundproofing and insulation and flooring, all ready to fit next week i have a few days off. Bet it'll rain and i wont get nowt done.

Oh, and a gorgeous Momo tan leather interior to modify too....... ;)

Wish i had some wood to do the roof like yours.......

Look forward to more updates!

Cheers,

Alistair

Get stuck in mate. The difficult bit is having time :?

Just

Just

Yes, with the little one, and new announcement - another one on the way, found out this week, still need to get to the midwife on the 28th for a scan, so maybe about 8 weeks gone, really happy, but I am on a downer as Linda is so so unwell at the moment, got the doc involved this morning, so have been in all day playing nurse. :sick0006:

Really need time to do it, Mum is flying in from Spain in a few weeks and there is nothing inside the bus to sit on bar the 2 front seats :shock:

Next week she will be better, and i can get stuck in on my day off

Cheers!

Alistair

creationblue said:
Spent the most part of today trying to sort out a panel for the rear of the roof around the hinges :? In the end I came up with this

001-5.jpg

002-6.jpg

Im not 100% happy, but I did loose the will to live come 4pm :(

I need some edging strip to mask my crap jigsawing where it meets the roof, but once the cupboard is in im sure thing will look ok.......

Just

I hope you kept a template for when I do mine. ;)

aogrady said:

Just

Yes, with the little one, and new announcement - another one on the way, found out this week, still need to get to the midwife on the 28th for a scan, so maybe about 8 weeks gone, really happy, but I am on a downer as Linda is so so unwell at the moment, got the doc involved this morning, so have been in all day playing nurse. :sick0006:

Really need time to do it, Mum is flying in from Spain in a few weeks and there is nothing inside the bus to sit on bar the 2 front seats :shock:

Next week she will be better, and i can get stuck in on my day off

Cheers!

Alistair

Congratulations :D

Best make provisions for an extra person in that rebuild :lol: oh and you think you have no time now.........looking forward to your build make, good luck

Just

sparkywig said:
I hope you kept a template for when I do mine. ;)

Think im gonna do it again anway, so ill keep the prototype as a template, took me a day of my life :lol: ...........

Just

Just,
i have a template from an og one if you need a copy.....i can source 1.5mm birch ply so will get a sheet and try to make one with a bend in it....should be much easier to steam bend being thinner, fingers xed
ste :mrgreen:

ooro said:
Just,
i have a template from an og one if you need a copy.....i can source 1.5mm birch ply so will get a sheet and try to make one with a bend in it....should be much easier to steam bend being thinner, fingers xed
ste :mrgreen:

Thanks for the offer Ste, but i managed to get the shape ok but it wouldnt meet the roof line perfectly, ordered some pipping like this

Pipping.jpg

Should look neat.

Gonna re-make it as I dont like the self tappers I used............oh to be a perfectionist :lol:

Just

I got it locally mate, but these people do them too http://www.leisureshopdirect.com/Caravan/gas/caravan_gas_fittings_and_accessories.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Just

Looking awesome fella, love the work!! :D

creationblue said:
I got it locally mate, but these people do them too http://www.leisureshopdirect.com/Caravan/gas/caravan_gas_fittings_and_accessories.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Just

Cheers for the info my good man

Latest posts