Spring Valley Bus meets Corvair

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi,

I have Monday off, so weather depending, I'll be running some 7 core wire, where are you running all your electrics, i need to do this before fitting the floor and gas pipes etc - so looking forward to seeing what you do. I di still have the us hook up plug i got off you a age ago, so i guess i could do something with the stock wiring box...????

Just dunno where to start....

Cheers,

Alistair

sharky71 said:
hey,howz it going?
the plug you sent works atreat,managed to get away for the first time in the van over the heatwave in october,van was just back from resto and having to refit original interior,curtains,floor,mats you know the drill.
i see on one of your pics you have a steering wheel cover?lace up one?where did you get it?
have been looking at shows/fleabay and had no luck.

sharky.
Try fiftysix delux sure i saw one on there site
cheers shaun

Right weather was dry again so making the most of it before winter kicks in for real! Needed to give the headliner another coat of Danish Oil but seeing as I used it all last night on the first coat and its to early for the shops, decided to start the wireing that all needs to be completed before anything cant be fixed in place, been pondering the layout for a few weeks so time to get a move on!

So out it all came and a test fitting for the long side panel, which although most of it cant be seen I wanted it to look/fit well

010-5.jpg

Then out it comes to get the mains and the 12V wireing in place

The best bit was that the hole in the RnR seat where the control panel fits for the US market only needed a slight mod to fit the Zig, result! Im trying to keep the under bed door free this time as it was a pain with my last settup getting things in/out with a car seat in situ. Also I want to make the most of the space under the RnR so decided to mount the consumer unit in the cupboard under the sink, this creates more wireing but a neater install with more room in the RnR

011-1.jpg

Because I now have a fridge I need an extra way in the consumer unit to keep it on a separate circuit, so the 1way unit I had before is now up for grabs.........

spagetti junction

012-1.jpg

Holes cut for mains socket, in a more user friendly positon than before

013.jpg

Also wanted a meter to monitor both main & Leisure Batteries, picked up a unit that mtches the socket.

014-2.jpg

As the fridge is only a 12V item, i wanted a way to run it on both mains and battery, so fitted a changeover switch that allows the battery to be used when mobile, then mains when onsite that feeds a Power Supply that converts the 230V to 12VDC 8)

At this point i used up my wife's goodwill and could feel a backlash coming on........................time to pack up :lol:

Side panel now fixed, socket & meter on, loads of connections to make, but getting there

015-3.jpg

Kept all the original insulation in as it looks fine....

008-4.jpg

...........next job roof panels

Just

aogrady said:
Hi,

I have Monday off, so weather depending, I'll be running some 7 core wire, where are you running all your electrics, i need to do this before fitting the floor and gas pipes etc - so looking forward to seeing what you do. I di still have the us hook up plug i got off you a age ago, so i guess i could do something with the stock wiring box...????

Just dunno where to start....

Cheers,

Alistair

Good luck Ali, if you need some advice give me a shout.

Im using the Westy inlet to supply my system as above.

Just

Great work CB as usual (typing from Disney Land Paris...) and looking forward to see how this pans out :)

gninnam said:
Great work CB as usual (typing from Disney Land Paris...) and looking forward to see how this pans out :)
Have a good trip and I need to know all about it as I've been told we r going in the new year

Just

creationblue said:
gninnam said:
Have a good trip and I need to know all about it as I've been told we r going in the new year

Just

You have a PM :D

Getting there! Nice work. I'm looking forward to seeing how you tackle the rear roof/hinge panel - I have the same to do. If you crack it, could you make me a template. :)

ZedBed said:
Getting there! Nice work. I'm looking forward to seeing how you tackle the rear roof/hinge panel - I have the same to do. If you crack it, could you make me a template. :)

Yeah ive been thinking about this too, im gonna try and trim the top locker to fit, in which case i wont have the headache of the roof ply.........gonna tackle that job a bit later on me thinks :lol:

Just

Important job done this morning, got the apples pressed and juiced and around 7 gallons of woodbe cider 8)

040-2.jpg

038-2.jpg

039-3.jpg

041-2.jpg

Self sufficient in Cider for a while anyway :lol:

Just

Got a few hours on the bus today. Managed to get the front roof section in the other day, not an easy job i must admit

046-1.jpg

047-2.jpg

Made a side panel

043-1.jpg

Then spent ages tidying up the wireing loom, had to get a wire from the altenator, to switch a relay so that the fridge wont pull current from the battery when stopped.

044-1.jpg

045-1.jpg

Propex stat installed too

042-2.jpg

Nearly ready for the furniture to be fixed, at the mo im having to put in then take it out to get the wireing hiden and in the right place, hopefully it will all we worth the extra hastle :?

Pics are a bit shite today, must be the iphone OS5 upgade that kills my battery too, but dont get me started on that :evil:

Just

sparkywig said:
I'll be round in a couple of weeks then. :D

I bought a gallon off him too, and im half way thru a gallon from Riches from last weekend :lol: I need to pull my finger out and drink more!

:shock: Blimey you have been busy. It will all grind to a hault when that Ciders ready. :lol:

Where did you get your Ply from? Is it 3mm? Couldn't find that when I did our last bus and I need to do ours.

Will have to check back more often to see the progress.

Si

Cali_bay said:
:shock: Blimey you have been busy. It will all grind to a hault when that Ciders ready. :lol:

Where did you get your Ply from? Is it 3mm? Couldn't find that when I did our last bus and I need to do ours.

Will have to check back more often to see the progress.

Si

LOL the cider is bubbling away nicely 8)

The ply is 3.8mm for the roof as that was the only size i could get locally in 5ft widths, the sides are 3mm, got it from Avon Plywood nr Bristol. 3.8 works fine tho and still fits in the J channels without any probs.

Hope to get a few hours on it this weekend to get the gas in and test the elcectrics b4 bolting everything in.

Just

Got the rear roof section in today 8)

002-5.jpg

003-6.jpg

004-3.jpg

Then connected up all the circuits and tested everything, fortuantly everything works, including the fridge on on both 12V & 230v, this gave me a big headache...........

Interior light now works off the LB

007-3.jpg

Propex fired up, and both batteries can be monitored

006-3.jpg

Never seen $100 coins before but I have two 8)

005-4.jpg

Anyone know if they are current tender?

Just

Next job gas! Im gonna run a pipe from the RNR to this connection unit under the floor, my hob is behind the passenger seat so will be able to connect it up when in use, also connect the BBQ for use outside the bus :D The gas socket is quiet deep so im using the concave area at the bottom of the bulkhead.....

011-2.jpg

010-6.jpg

009-6.jpg

Got a pipe bender so gonna try and make a one piece copper...............well thats the plan :lol:

Just

coming along nice mate - i really must get organised and sort out my propex and LB install

Latest posts