Spring Valley Bus meets Corvair

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks great, your pics will really help when I install my propex in the next few weeks. I got it from Pete Nice too.

Gearing up to do the same, so thanks for the pics they confirm the way i was thinking. How did you seal the 40mm hole? as the outlets are about 20mm?

Thanks Al

matt-me said:
Gearing up to do the same, so thanks for the pics they confirm the way i was thinking. How did you seal the 40mm hole? as the outlets are about 20mm?

Thanks Al

Thanks guys....

I didnt seal this, thought about it, but doesnt say so in the destructions that i could see........and as the exhaust gets hot wasnt sure what to use anyway.

Just

I seem to remember it saying something in the instructions about sealing when I read through them last night? I thought the same thing though...it will get hot?

Also, what exhaust is that you have fitted on your motor?

Thanks

->Adam

creationblue said:
........and as the exhaust gets hot wasnt sure what to use anyway.

exactly what i was thinking, hence the question. Might use a bit of gun gum paste or bandage as Johhny suggests, that might do the trick, as adamski said i thought it said something about sealing it but it seemed to be very vague.

One other small thing i thought about, when we camp we use an awning. Now whilst the awning is anything but airtight, I will make sure exhaust outlet is the one that points out to the open side. I am sure we all over think these things to the point of becoming anal, but you never know i s'pose.....

Thanks again

Al

matt-me said:
creationblue said:

exactly what i was thinking, hence the question. Might use a bit of gun gum paste or bandage as Johhny suggests, that might do the trick, as adamski said i thought it said something about sealing it but it seemed to be very vague.

One other small thing i thought about, when we camp we use an awning. Now whilst the awning is anything but airtight, I will make sure exhaust outlet is the one that points out to the open side. I am sure we all over think these things to the point of becoming anal, but you never know i s'pose.....

Thanks again

Al

The hole will only be a problem if there is an air pocket created under the van, if the exhaust goes out of the side this will never happen.

As for the awning, with the air flow under the van there would never be an issue.

creationblue said:
Ok today i installed the gas and the 12V, decided on putting the bottle in the rear locker so ran the copper down from here

Picture170.jpg

Just

Great minds think alike, very similar to my install.

Nice work Just

matt-me said:
creationblue said:

Thanks again

Al

I found it very difficult t get the exhaust to the sill whilst facing rearward with the 750mm tube supplied, the wheel is exactly in the way :roll: so attached it to the nearside as mine is LHD thats far enough away front the slider & awning when up.

Gum gum paste sounds good, something needed with a nozzle to get up to the fill in the gaps, ill look into it, although cant see that it will be needed as the exhaust tube is 750mm away.

Just

adamski said:
I seem to remember it saying something in the instructions about sealing when I read through them last night? I thought the same thing though...it will get hot?

Also, what exhaust is that you have fitted on your motor?

Thanks

->Adam

Hi Adam the exhaust is a Turbo Thomas special, they made mine and Ianscoobies at the same time.

Just

Cheers Jon

Seems like the perfect place, neat and no need to drill........ill check yours out when i see you.

Just

Ok just drilled out the two vent holes and finished off the hot air pipe

Picture172.jpg

Just needs staining to take the edge off the colour 8)

Just

Just read your entire thread :mrgreen:
Very nice set up your building there dude, uber functional!!!
Gotta get me one of those double beds up top!
Nice to see another 1970 in bristol! i'll keep my eye out for ya!

Cheers
Al

Tiki-Al said:
Just read your entire thread :mrgreen:
Very nice set up your building there dude, uber functional!!!
Gotta get me one of those double beds up top!
Nice to see another 1970 in bristol! i'll keep my eye out for ya!

Cheers
Al

Thanks fella, its been a long time coming, but having a burst of enthusiasm :lol: what van do you have ill keep my eyes peeled?

Just

I found 'Silcoset 158 Black Silicone Sealant', -60deg C to 300deg C, should be man enough for the job 8)

Just

Where did you get the double bed from? Made or purchased? If purchased, from where?

soviet1942 said:
Where did you get the double bed from? Made or purchased? If purchased, from where?

Hi

Its from a Westy Continental, was a UK only model, they come up on ebay from time to time, although popular so not many bargains about :roll: or make your own, here is the drawings 8)

Westfalia-Roof-Bed-1-1.jpg

Just

Latest posts