• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Stainless hide away exhaust

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A few people have asked about the sound and how loud the exhaust is so here's a quick vid of one on my van.

Ade

How much are these and where abouts in Kent are you located? I am after a nice hidden exhaust for my 72 crossover. Do you know if there are any clearance issues with a 72 (same as late bay rear end)?

I'm currently running a Bugpack header and Muffler on my slammed 71 Bus. I had to raise the Bus to get it in and out of my drive with this set up. I am looking for a silencer to bolt up to the heads/exchangers or a header/muffler system that gives a little improved flow as I am shortly going to be bolting on some twin carbs.
I also have a Westie style towbar to fit soon to allow me to pull my trailer tent.
What would you be able to do and how much would I be looking at?

Hi, can you send me some pics of the underneath of the back of your bus? The large flange headers give me more room to work as the small flange headers hang lower, exit off center and at funny angles where the large flange headers exit in the center. I've posted on this thread showing how the large flange headers look neater.
Prices are based on how much work's involved but the price for the one shown on this thread is £225 so it will be around that figure. If at all possible it would be good if you could send me the header you want to use so i can make it up on my bus.

Cheers,Ade

ade

apologies i havent sent you any images yet

new baby + work + stuff to do on van = no time + tiredness!!!

after some header welding on saturday (dont ask, the previous owner was a twat) the exhaust got fitted.

thanks so much for turning the order around so quickly. the workmanship is excellent, fitted like a dream and sounds alot quieter than my previous exhaust.

many thanks. i will post some images soon

dan

Thanks for the feedback, some pics would be great,if ok with you i'll use them on my website when i get one up and running.
A mate has just printed me off some stickers,i'll send you one ;)

stainlesstillexhaustslogo.jpg

Cheers,Ade

Lovely bus Dan, love the colour 8) . I had a gold beetle for while which we called Whoopi Goldbug :lol:.

Latest posts