Standard height and alloys

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Standard height and alloys

• Yes

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • No

Votes: 30 93.8%

• Total voters

froggy

Reaction score
Going to be staying at standard height for the time being but seen a nice set of alloys (think there empi 5's 112PCD) but not seen many vans at standard height running with alloys, why not?
Do they look odd?
Anyone got any pictures of STANDARD HEIGHT bays with alloys?
Going to run a poll so please vote!

no no no no no

NO NO NO NO NO

i know i piss about on here all the time, and you know i'd never knowingly post something, anything to upset anybody, but nothing looks worse (in my opinion) than stock height bays rolling on 15" replica alloys... especially with the seemingly obligatory slightly lower profile tyre combo.

stock height.

stock rims.

*it's the law*

8)

The councillor doesnt always make sense but I'm afraid to say if your staying stock height then you need to stick with the 14" steels nicely detailed maybe go for 15" or even chrome but have to remain steels....

it just dont look right

hey but then whats wrong with bucking the trends, you'll stand out......

Massive no no from me :wink:

same here, frst modification should be lowered susspension. alloys on standard height is just wrong.

Maybe on a late bay but not on an early. SA Sprints (see Scott Wilson :wink: ) look diffrent and imho look as good on a stock height bus as a slammed one. and technicaly they where stock equipment over there :D might be enough to keep the councillor happy :p

the councillor said:
young_dubya said:
SA Sprints technicaly they where stock equipment over there:D
are they stamped 'VW' then ?

:)

:lol: we are getting that technical are we, alrite the are (near enough) standard equipment:lol: you havent said if you agree or not though?? :?: :?:

young_dubya said:
:lol: we are getting that technical are we, alrite the are (near enough) standard equipment:lol: you havent said if you agree or not though?? :?: :?:
forgive me... i've got a council meeting in 36 minutes so i'm just getting into *uber pedant* mode :roll:

my opinion on wheels (whilst not entirely relevant) is that VW knew what they were doing in the first place, and the original steels look great.

some aftermarket alloys look great, some so-so and some awful, but i believe that all *replica* alloys belong, as per the rules established in dante's 'divine comedy' on the eighth circle of hell; that representing conscious fraud... just one level up from margaret thatcher but that's another story. i accept that this might be an extreme view which might not be shared by all that many (sane) bus owners, so as a fop to fitting in around here i would like to add that the wheels you are suggesting are by far and away the most stylish of their type 8)

i wish i had more time to expound but i've got to have a shave yet :roll:

i think that the pre'64 splitty 15" wheels look the dogs. (bring on the whole size Vs. saftey thing) still my personal choice would be a nice detailed set of SA sprints :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Ps. get a pic of your bus up so we can all see what we are on about.

Latest posts