Star Wars or Lord Of The Rings

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scott wilson

Reaction score
just standing outside smoking a cigarette musing over my favourite bank holiday sofa fest and found myself contemplating the merits of star wars over lord of the rings....yes i`m a sad bar steward but which is your favourite?

Star Wars for me... But only the first three.. Or is it the last three.

You know, the ones we grew up with.

Star Wars the originals. i wish they could re make them with todays technology

Sorry got to be LOTR for me :lol: love the books as well although Star Wars (1st 3 ?) runs it close.

Star wars for me. Always confused me when I was a kid that they made the 4th film first and the 3rd film last :lol:

James bond........... :msn4:

Then at a push , starwars

How can you waste about ten hours of your life, watching a handful of midgets walk to a hill and chuck a ring away?!?

bertiethebus said:
How can you waste about ten hours of your life, watching a handful of midgets walk to a hill and chuck a ring away?!?

you want to try watching the 2 disk special extended versions, nearly an hour extra in the films and still no bloody Tom Bombadil.

antoine said:
bertiethebus said:

you want to try watching the 2 disk special extended versions, nearly an hour extra in the films and still no bloody Tom Bombadil.

Hahaha. Very true, good bit of the book. Star wars for me though, I need preparation before sitting down for 3 hours at a time.

scott wilson said:
just standing outside smoking a cigarette musing over my favourite bank holiday sofa fest and found myself contemplating the merits of star wars over lord of the rings....yes i`m a sad bar steward but which is your favourite?

Smoking? Thought you'd given up? ;)

mcvw said:
scott wilson said:

Smoking? Thought you'd given up? ;)
started again 4 months ago when my son was born :roll: WTF? back on the mind bending champix as of tomorrow :evil:
so anyway i`m thinking a normal bank holiday weekend all the star wars originals and on say a christmas break the LOTR...planned to watch em this break but got silly drunk instead :mrgreen:

scott wilson said:
started again 4 months ago when my son was born :roll: WTF?

Not preaching here, but the very fact that my son was born was what made me give up, not start again :?

Each to their own and yes, giving up is stupidly hard but soooo worth it. Probably the best thing (next to being a Dad) I have ever done.

Oh, Star Wars all the way. Started watching LOTR but got suicidally bored after the first couple of hours. Am sure the books are far better. Christmas brought the full set of Blackadder, that would be my choice of the moment but that wasn't the question........ ;)

I managed to quit the fags in the summer, gave up by accident really. Got me an iFAG that I use when out drinking coz that is the hardest time. Also changed my routines quite a lot and that really helped.

Back on topic :

Starwars originals, lost interest after the first (last 3).

now blackadder theres a proper series....black adder...black adder :mrgreen: and yes the fags are in the bin again...how does my brain work...gave up for three years and when my newest born was born i started again...i think muppett is appropiate :shock:
so to my favourite...lord of the rings ticks my battle boxes and in particular the scene when the guardian of gondor is eating strawberries whilst being sang to by a wee small man...meanwhile his son is leading a suicide mission against the enemy....makes me wanna cry :mrgreen:

Latest posts