star wars or lord of the rings?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scott wilson

Reaction score
i`m undecided..love them both but the star wars trilogy i can watch again and again and now i find myself doing the same with lord of the rings. Anyone prefer one to the other and why

Gotta be Star Wars, it's great now my 6 year old boy is obessed with the whole thing! He even has Star Wars Lego on his DS and PC.
It's weird he is into the same thing i was when i was his age :eek: :D

Star Wars literally defined a generation. Whilst LOTR are great and very well made I doubt they'll ever match the impact Star Wars made and continues to make!

Our 5 year old is also well into Star Wars (he watched my old videos and has two of his own DVD's!). He also loves Lego Star Wars on his DS and PS2 - though we do have to limit his time on these!

I'm also undecided as my elder cousin gave me the book of The Hobbit when I was about 11 (many moons ago now!). I was hooked instantly and read all the books!

star wars every time. be truthful how many times have you tried using the force to tell that old fool doing 35MPH to turn off so you can drive at a normal pace? or picked up anything that slightly resembles a light sabre and gone brrrreeememmmm pitshhhhh pitshhhhh.... :lol:

Oh yeah forgot to say, i am a Jedi, well thats what i told the census a few years back. Jedi is now an official religon following that census :shock:

Lord of the Rings - books were better (and wrote before SW)..... :wink:

dubberdaz said:
Oh yeah forgot to say, i am a Jedi, well thats what i told the census a few years back. Jedi is now an official religon following that census :shock:

You wierd git, I did exactly the same :lol: :lol: , I wonder how many people actually did this and was there enough to make it a recognised religion.
The Mrs put she was a devil worshipper, yes I know it makes sense :mrgreen:

Anyway back to original question Star Wars, cause it does take 3 hrs to watch one of them, I have the attention span is of a three year old. :lol: :lol: and the Mrs makes me watch them regular

Queens University Belfast runs Starwars Jedi Knights Course! :wink: TRUE!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/politics/education/2798657/Star-Wars-Jedi-Knights-course-offered-by-Queens-University-Belfast.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Its the top University in Ireland and 5th in the UK :shock:

Tofufi said:
Neither.

They are both awful :twisted:

*runs*

What!!!!! dood you need to sort that out! Star Wars is the best collection of films....ever! i am of course talking of the early 3 not the latest ones.

Check out my cheeky tattoo I had whilst getting more of my arm sleeve!

Ladies & Gentlemen, i give you the R2 Donut!

LOL! :lol:
R2Donut007.jpg

Got to be LOTR the "muppets" and "teddy bears" take the edge off Star Wars for me although still excellent.

NickJ said:
Got to be LOTR the "muppets" and "teddy bears" take the edge off Star Wars for me although still excellent.

I love em, you do have to remember when the films were made tho dude, its not all cgi tastic like lord of the rings. (which i love by the way) 8)

LOTR without doubt - used to be obsessed with the first two Star Wars as a kid - always hated Return of the Jedi and Lucas should be truly ashamed of the last three - they kind of took the shine off Star Wars for me...

LOTR is amazing - all three films and all of the books - bring on The Hobbit movie!

I have never seen any Star Wars or Lord Of The Rings films!!! :shock:

Mind you I can't fail to go wooooosh when chaning flo tubes!! :lol:

I am also officially a Jedi on the Census! :D

Maybe there is some sort of connection between early bays and star wars............................

Latest posts