Starting Issues

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Waspman

Reaction score
The second issue I have is a bit more frustrating as I have never had a problem starting before Bluebell went she for her service (except when I run her battery down by forgetting to disconnect it when I put her in storage). Now every so often, and particularly when the engine is hot, I get exactly the same symptoms as a flat battery. I just get a click when I turn the ignition key...but, given a fair few attempts (or a break and a coffee) she starts really easily as if there was never an issue. I have no idea what it is, and wouldn't mind a few suggestions before it I take Bluebell back to the garage so I am not in a position of ignorance.

I really need to learn how to do some bits and bobs for myself. Thanks again.

Sounds very much like fifty year old wiring possibly creating resistance around the connections. Do yourself a bit of a favour and clean up everything you can think of. If you do it a bit at a time, you may be able to pinpoint exactly which bit is to blame. Start with your battery and take the terminals off and give them a real good spruce up. Then your starter connections, and all your earths. The next bit is give your ignition switch a bit of a hand by plonking in a relay sometimes known as an easy start relay. And the best way to check if your battery is fully charged is to give a nice charge up :mrgreen:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,ignition switch possibly off to meet his maker :mrgreen:

Thanks. The wiring isn't that old as it was all done when it was restored about 6 years ago.... But the terminals are a good shot. I'll take a look at those. Thanks.

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

Latest posts