Steering box oil fill cap?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will be checking back here to count the orders before the production run and report back when they are ready to ship.

Stefan

I think that PTFE (Teflon) is ideal for this purpose and I haven't seen it available in red. Since this part of the bus is not normally visible I don't think its color matters much to most people.

Stefan

Hi all,

Sorry I have been quiet for a few weeks. Very busy with lost of other things (about to move house). Today I have been to the company which made the first few plugs and ordered 100 of them. They are busy so it will be two or three weeks before they are ready. My cost will be 2 Euros 15 cent per piece and I will pass them on at cost plus shipping.

On request of a fellow forum members I have also asked them to make some front shift rod bush prototypes form Teflon.

Stefan

Update: Finally received the teflon plugs but they didn't make 100 as per my order but only 53... The price went up from 2.15 Euros plus tax to 2.49 plus tax so I'll sell them at cost at 3 Euros/piece plus shipping. Personal message please with desired amount and shipping address please. Will respond with PayPal address and exact price. Allow two weeks or so for delivery please.

Stefan

Hi Stefan - Can I get one of these. Haven't posted enough here to qualify for PM'ing so if you have any left could you PM me instead and I'll paypal you.

Ian

PMs sent / responded to. I hope everyone (except today's orders of course) has now received theirs and that they fit and work well for you.

Cheers

Stefan

I dont need a steering box cap, but would be interested in a teflon front shift rod bush. That sound like a really great idea as the aftermarket plastic ones are poor quality. Have you got any of these I could buy from you or the maker?

thanks

I've got a teflon font shift rod bush prototype which I could send you Bluesnailman. Had five made a while ago. Haven't tested them yet, though. PM me your address and I'll send one. I think I paid 6 Euros a piece. Price would go down if produced in larger numbers. However, I am not currently planning to have any any more done.

Adi, thanks for your nice feedback. Much appreciated.

Stefan

Latest posts