Steering box rebuild. Power-steering.co.uk?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dublicious

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Will be sending off the steering box for a rebuild in the next few weeks. Spoke to the guys at power-steering.co.uk and was impressed. Anyone used them or have other recommendations?

Cheers,

J

They rebuilt my steering box over five years ago after a MOT fail and it has passed every one since. The steering works fine, I have no idea what they did to it though!

Ditto they did mine 4 or 5 years ago and its been fine ... mind we haven't exactly done a lot of miles

Again exactly what they did don't know

Cheers guys. Phone Schofields and sound good as well. Torn who to send too now! Apparently Megabug also offer this service.

We charge £300 + postage, you send me your box, we inspect it, replace the peg and reuse the worm if we ca or fit an alternative as no one remanufacures them, fit new seals, repack the bearings and rebuild it all, then fill it with Steering Box Lube before returning it.

Personally knowing Graham and how fastidious he is I wouldn't even consider going elsewhere.

Latest posts