Steering lever arm!!!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alzy

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Right....... :roll:

As i`ve previously posted one of the things the camper failed on was play in the steering lever arm( the bit that sits on the idler pin through the beam).

It was stated that there was an up and down movement somehow? Is it worth replacing the pin or could i get away with greasing or is it just a case of taking the lever off and re-seating and re-tightening to get it right???

Thanks in advance!! 8)

Up and down movement on mine was at the rearmost end of the arm (due to worn idler pin / bushes) Repair kit is about £18 - it includes pin, bushes, seals, bolt etc - its a bugger of a job though - did mine with beam off - trickiest bit was compressing the pin against very large spring washer to fit bolt (you'll need a very large G Clamp)

Good Luck

FS 8)

OK thanks for that mate!! I`m not certain where the movement was, the tester just said there was movement in the lever around the draglink area i assume??

Cheers again

Alex 8)

theres a very good how to here

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=274893&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

its for splits, just ignore the reaming

Latest posts