Steering wheel

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AGC

Reaction score
Does anyone make a good quality replacement steering wheel for Early Bay??.... Looking for a standard wheel. Thanks chaps.

From what I've heard the repro ones are trash, keep a look out for a decent original one.

Give Andy or Phil a ring at wolfburghclassic parts, meet up a a show and kick the tyres afore you buy .!

Do they supply Repro or OEM steering wheels do you know??..... Couldn't see any on their website

Repro, early or late, left or right hand drive..... all to do with the cancellation ring ! give either of them a ring they are happy to talk vans. let them know year of van as cross-over differ in fitting.

Cheers ears.

Or why dont you have your one restored by Mik de Vries https://www.facebook.com/thebaygarage.dk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; hes a good guy to boot lol

69 Westy said:
Or why dont you have your one restored by Mik de Vries https://www.facebook.com/thebaygarage.dk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; hes a good guy to boot lol

I wonder what paint he uses?

One of my bays has a stock 43 yr old one with a few chips near the horn. My other has a new repro that is 2 yrs old. The 43 yr old is in much better shape. New one is cracked extensively. Buy an old original one.

Fix your own, purchase a Dremel, a set of tiny files, some 600 and 1500 wet and dry and a tube of black milliput.

Oh and some black paint.

I did mine myself, i used the Dremel to widen the cracks, filled it with milliput and smoothed it out with water. Then I used some small files to get the desired shape before sanding it and painting.

Unfortunately I didn't take a picture before I did this, but it had big cracks and quite a few areas had broken off around the horn.

This is it now

Sent from my 02_jbla668 using Tapatalk

Latest posts