steve strong engines

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cheers Steve will be in touch soon if I px a block does it need to be the same as I want ie I have a single port but want a 1600 twin port cheers

well ive had my engine for a few moths ran it up on the bench, and its great...no leaks or knocks,
ive set the timing, fitted new points,set the clearances,and tuned up the carb
and here she is... 8)

[youtube]http://youtu.be/VH3U-9vKYl8/youtube]

or
http://youtu.be/VH3U-9vKYl8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I collecte my engine from Steve on Saturday, thing of pure beauty

IMG_2889.jpg

Update on my engine it lasted less then a 1000miles ,it developed alot of play,through having an un balanced lightened flywheel that came with the engine,also snapping the front mounting on my nose of the gearbox.not F**king happy.

shaggyXO said:
Update on my engine it lasted less then a 1000miles ,it developed alot of play,through having an un balanced lightened flywheel that came with the engine,also snapping the front mounting on my nose of the gearbox.not F**king happy.

in your earlier post you said you'd don 1500 miles with no problems ? :?

Can I apologise to Steve I had just come off nights and was given the news about my motor.My friend has had an engine off Steve and its on 4000 miles plus n no hiccups .I' m sure these things happen very rarely and hopefully we can rectify this issue.again sorry Steve

Shaggy

Ref the mileage,I guessed it and was slightly p***ed off and had a broken speedo,I left the army last year where it was being worked on n stored,then driven to Somerset then onto south west VW's body shop.Busfest was my first out then once more to minehead not a great amount,still no excuse to slag someone off ,I was wrong

to steve's defence,i purchased a standard 16tp camper case engine off him in october last year and after fitting it and initially starting the engine it proceeded to piss oil out from a pushrod seal.
i contacted steve and he duly said he would sort it.
i pulled engine again and stripped all ancillaries to see if anywhere else was dodgey and all seemed well.
he came up and sorted the leak,changed all 8 tubes and seals for fresh ones.
i then refitted engine after 3 weeks of rehab(smashed me shoulder crashing me bike on diesel)and run engine and so far all is well.
took van out last saturday just before all that crappy snow and road salt came back and she ran really well,starting the run in process :D
just need to wait for all the snow to go again and i'll put another couple hundred on the clock.
fair weather bus driver see...........:lol: :lol: dont want to spoil my lovely paint job curtousey of Stuart and Drew of Midland Paintwerks.

shall report back with news on the next run out.

:sick0019:

Latest posts