steve strong engines

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sharky71

Reaction score
just trying to cover all options in the event my engine rebuild goes south and i need anew engine.......
has anybody got any feed back/experience with these??
seem to be cheap compared to usual suspects for total bottom end rebuild and with 12 month warranty.
all bare me dynamo on the van is new (ancillaries.....coil,pump,dissy blah blah)so only need a block.

regards.

sharky.

sharky71 said:
just trying to cover all options in the event my engine rebuild goes south and i need anew engine.......
seem to be cheap compared to usual suspects for total bottom end rebuild and with 12 month warranty.
all bare me dynamo on the van is new (ancillaries.....coil,pump,dissy blah blah)so only need a block.

regards.

sharky.

hi i had an engine of steve top bloke excellent engine very good quality my bus drives like a new bus meet steve at a few shows very genuine chap and knows his stuff i would defo recomend one of his engines

i have an engine from steve,
yet to fire it up as im doin some work in the engine bay first :roll:

i met him at this workshop in romford,
and found him to be a knowledgeable friendly and honest guy,.. 8)
he does get[overall] a good name on the vw forums,

id buy from him again... :D

http://www.justkampers.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=168947" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'd forget all this warranty nonsense, I've already fell for that trap and got cornholled.

Only one company I trust and that's Autotechniks.

Des

5erge said:
I'd forget all this warranty nonsense, I've already fell for that trap and got cornholled.

Only one company I trust and that's Autotechniks.

Des

only one company... :?

dont have any experience myself but i think this topic has a few threads on vzi?

dont quote me but it just rings a bell....

5erge said:
I'd forget all this warranty nonsense, I've already fell for that trap and got cornholled.Des

They watched you through a key hole taking a p*ss? :|

:lol:

69PROJECT said:
dont have any experience myself but i think this topic has a few threads on vzi?

dont quote me but it just rings a bell....
just seen the thread on vzi,regular soap drama! :lol: thought it was about steve strong turned out to be handbags a 20 paces don't know why!

i read a few like that went and visited steve after ringing a few others and was more than happy,

lobie said:
sharky71 said:

regards.

sharky.

hi i had an engine of steve top bloke excellent engine very good quality my bus drives like a new bus meet steve at a few shows very genuine chap and knows his stuff i would defo recomend one of his engines

are they exchange or bought outrite??
add just says 675 notes but at bottom engines wanted nothing about px like usual suspects.
is it easy to just drop ur dissy in n rest of bits on n go???

the prices are exchange.... ;)
there fairly easy to build up from the longblock steve supplies...heres a couple pics of mine

DSCF2333.jpg

DSCF2352.jpg

DSCF2391.jpg

well spotted , :msn4:

it was only on there while i cleaned up the original

it was to get a piccy with it all nearly together...
i now have the thinner original one back on.. ;)

i had one off him 12 months ago 1641cc only recently got my bus on the road the motor is great,pulls fine done about 1500 miles all good :)

good to hear, :D
i found steve a nice genuine guy and good to deal with... 8)

Hi All,

I bought one from Steve about 12 months ago . I had heard all the bad press about him/name and I am pleased to say I have just covered 3000 miles and engine is great not had any problems at all . Drove from Lanark (Scotland) to Oxford in one hit no problems at all .

Regards
John

madness said:
does anybody no steves number :D
quick search.....user name on here... schneeky......& contact details c&p'd from his last post ...
If anyone wishes to discuss this further, feel free to get in contact with me. My email address is : [email protected] and my number is 07988490443.

Regards...Schneeky(Steve) :D

Latest posts