sticky cable??

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sharky71

Reaction score
Have set up the engine now that is repaired,went for a short drive and upon closing the throttle at junctions the carb stays open about 2mm off the stepped cam sending the revs above normal like i'm Reginald Perrins at idle.
I have lubed the linkage and made sure i did not pull the cable too tight went clamping.
Is there something i have missed??

Regards.

:sick0019:

It could be the linkages on the throttle pedal. I had a similar problem. Solved it with one of buttys throttle kits. They also make the throttle lighter and loads more responsive

Have had one of Butty's kits fitted,improved the response no end,just got that annoying sticky throttle on shut down :?

What's the carb like when cable isn't attached ? Does it idle fine ? Does it Rev good and go back to idle fine ? I think you maybe slightly moving the throttle arm on carb when you tighten up its easierly done ... Disconnect and retry :D

Chris

Try loosening the air filter screw on the jubliee clip at the top of the carb. If mine is too tight, the throttle butterfly never seems to close properly.

I use a bungee cord between the throttle linkage and the perforated card at the top of the engine bay for "positive" throttle shut off.. Running twin carbs though, but you could run similar. Just the short skinny bungee cords from B&Q.

Sent from my GX64 SatCom phone using Tapatalk

Latest posts