Stock height or slammed low

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Birdman said:
I love the look of a slammed bus, but mine is so straight and stock that I can't bring myself to do it.

Same here and the other thing is if you do have any problems while your out and about you've got easy access underneath, also if you need access to the rear of the back wheels you don't have to dismantle half the rear suspension to get to anything :(

BUT SLAMMED LOOKS WAY WAY BETTER.........NO STOCK :jesus: ..........NO SLAMMED :evil: ............STOCK :jesus:........SLAMMED GOD DAMN IT :evil: :evil:

I'm not sure but mines staying stock.....its the new slammed or thats what i keep telling myself :lol: :lol: :lol:

Both my Bays were stock height.
I love the look of lowered Bays, but could never bring myself to do it.
I always seemed to end up cill deep down some potholed lane in Cornwall that would have destroyed a lowered van.

or just go the best of both worlds like me.

Red9 Wishbone up front 175/55/5 and slamwerks plates on the rear with 195/65/15. Lowered not slammed and fully adjustable in five minutes if required.

Those uber slammed buses do look rather smart though 8) but I couldn't live with one everyday.

Des

Mines slammed on a 1 off 6" narrowed king & link pin beam with dropped spindles, narrowed bottom arms, slam shocks, slam tyres and notches with a 3 spline twist at the back. The ride is super smooth and it drives brilliant! Getting it tubbed up front next week too 8)

higher the better lol

stock for me but my front end is a bit too high so may drop a little

jimbo

Mine is in between being slammed and stock and is just right for me. You need to go look at some on (tarmac/concrete not grass) and then see if you can drive a few to see (good luck with that one mate!!!) how they handle. Mine is a little low for around town as there are a few speed bumps but I tend to take the long way round to enjoy the drive anyway...

[URL=http://s1097.photobucket.com/u...g344/nik160270/photo5-3_zps7a62e6d2.jpg[/img][/url]

niklee1 said:
Mine is in between being slammed and stock and is just right for me. You need to go look at some on (tarmac/concrete not grass) and then see if you can drive a few to see (good luck with that one mate!!!) how they handle. Mine is a little low for around town as there are a few speed bumps but I tend to take the long way round to enjoy the drive anyway...

Need more pics.. This thread could become awesome!!!

mines stock......

corners like a blamonge......or a roll on roll off ferry!! :lol: :lol:

will probably go as far as stiffening the shocks and thats about it.

just last week I advertised for a late split beam to drop my stock bus,BUT after having a go in a lowered one. to be fair it drove ok ish but always watching the road/potholes not relaxed at all, im pulling the wanted ad !! stock for me :D. I think its very easy to get lulled with the lowering stick after seeing some vans on here ( they do look good :? ) but mines good to drive and stocks good too.

too high at the front though

69billy said:
too high at the front though

Then raise the back!! :lol:
Seriously that's what I did, slightly bigger tyres and little tweak on the spring plates.

STOCK!!

Too low at the back, typically Westy saggy arse.....

Drives anywhere, and i can crawl underneath to fix stuff without needing a trolley jack, nice, smooth, floaty, wallowy, soft ride, like riding a water bed! lol! :lol:

OUUFFF Check out that gappage!!

:msn4: (though the low rides look very cool...) :msn4:

Cheers!

Alistair

Has anyone noticed that the OP started this thread years ago? Just sayin ... me thinks he has either lowered his bus or not by now. :msn4:

vwcanuck said:
Has anyone noticed that the OP started this thread years ago? Just sayin ... me thinks he has either lowered his bus or not by now. :msn4:

Yup, I think I may have even posted
Back then as well :) any excuse for some pics of our lovely buses hey :lol:

i love the look of lowered buses, but enjoy the ease of working underneath a stock height bus.

keeping mine stock for the foreseeable future. :D

Latest posts