Stooopid Shock absorber question

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

caesar

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Morning all

This may seem like a stupid question, but my van has been lowered with a cut and turn beam. (Done before i got it)

I'm replacing my front shocks and was wondering if i need to go for lowered shocks or standard height ones?!

Also i want to replace them with something good, so can anybody make any recomendations?

Many Thanks as always

go for lowered shocks for the best ride :wink:

I can reccomend the creative adjustable shocks. Work a treat and have 26 points of adjustment from soft to smooth 8)

You can work out what size you need by removing the shock letting the van down (slowly!) and measure the distance between the mounts 8) most decent companies will help you with measurements if you get stuck 8)

Ah good man, thanks for the reply.

Just thought i better check before spending out the cash.

Is that creative engineering yeah?

Are they not just for air suspension kits?

I'm just wanting something that is going to give a good ride and last.

It is indeed creative engineering and they are not just for air ride. I have them fitted on my weedeater and they work a treat, great response and takes loads of shit out of the British bumpy roads 8)

Not the cheapest, but well worth the spons. :wink:

Cool, thanks mate, they look good quality and it would be nice to adjust the ride smoothness.

Am i right in guessing that with a cut and turn beam...... I can't get any adjustable shocks to sit the van higher/Lower!?

You only really get height adjustment on coil over shocks, cut n turn is set at a certain height without adjusters installed. You will only have limited adjustment via the shocks. :mrgreen: you need the correct length shocks for the correct distance between your shock mounts 8)

Ordered my new 280mm Creative Shox today, can't wait for em to get here!

I'll put me feedback up when i've tried and tested them!

Thanks again for your help Easy.

Saw your van at Final Fling, but couldn't find you anywhere to say hi! Another time mate

Well, what can i say.

Got the shox installed and had a quick drive round town.

What a difference it has made, almost feels like a normal car and doesn't shake your bones to bits when you drive over drains.

Definately a worth while investment.

Cheers again for all the advice guys.

Mark

Latest posts