Storing tools in the engine bay?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jkp

Reaction score
It suddenly struck me that this might not be the craziest place to shove a bunch of tools and spares. Has anyone ever done this? Have any smart storage tips or photos?

I’ve got a leisure battery on the other side so would have to get a. It creative to use the space above that and round by the spare wheel / fuel filler I guess?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I used to have a toolbox which fitted in the LHS battery tray along with a bottle of oil :)
Bungee cord to ensure it didn't move about!

Not sure I'd want to do anything which restricted airflow into the engine bay from the cooling vents too much. Especially if you have a larger than standard engine :)

Be careful not to store paper towels or rags as these WILL end up in the fan!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I keep a couple of one litre bottles of oil in gearbox oil bottles down between the battery and the wheel arch. I don’t think I’d like a anything coming loose and wandering about in there, but a purpose made storage solution might have a home in there. Remember them batteries don’t like to be totally cooped up as they’re charging and discharging. I’d thought about loosing the spare wheel well to accommodate my propex and my extinguisher system so it’s your bus and do what you like, but remember the air flow :mrgreen:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,So,,, I’m not the only crazeeeeee :mrgreen:

Latest posts