Stu & Clare Present Murphy - Aircooled Campout 2020 Pics

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wow! I never even noticed the hub nut in all honesty, but that is so much better!! your right it is the little things that give the greatest satisfaction sometimes, well done on the find bro! 8)

Pulled Murphy out of the garage for an early MOT
Usually have him done on the 25 July between DATC and SPA but didnt want the stress this year.
Still had a result though - another 12 months ticket without a single advisory item
Even the MOT inspector was impressed with how solid underneath everything is

8) 8)

Out in the carpark waiting his turn patiently

CzSyx.jpg

Here he is!!

QIJp2.jpg

oKYSL.jpg

Love it when they have to clear the rollers set into the ground!

4ayZk.jpg

Lights were all working perfectly (for a change)

Vm1K2.jpg

kVs4J.jpg

Up he goes - blimey do I wish I had such a ramp at home! Would make jobs soooooo much easier

07TJO.jpg

And the all important piece of paper! Boom

z0AkK.jpg

Next stop Airfield Anarchy camping then DATC 8)

Spot on there , no more worries , for a while at least , bring on the summer.
Enjoy the time travelling.

J & P
:D :D :D

Good effort, did the handbrake actually work this time?

Going to have to get mine booked in soonish........

67westy said:
Good effort, did the handbrake actually work this time?

Going to have to get mine booked in soonish........

Handbrake was perfect thankyou! :lol:
Although it was the MOT last year that stretched the cable after he yanked it on and left it a little out of adjustment :msn4:

Brought ours forward a month and a half to give a better opportunity of getting it done early next year when I am back from "down south"

monkeyvanwestybike said:
That's you happy then
It's always nice to get that out of the way 8)

Absolutely - but I never enjoy someone else driving the bus and checking my work!

gas1man said:
Spot on there , no more worries , for a while at least , bring on the summer.
Enjoy the time travelling.

J & P

Cheers Jon - no more worries till the next job presents itself! :msn4: Not a member of the Broken Bus Club for nothing! :lol:

Well tomorrow I am off to a stag do in the bus for Airfield Anarchy and Mud Fest at Newark - would you believe its my first time away in the bus without the wifelet! :msn4:
Also received a delivery today from the states - some more shiny bits that will be getting installed next weekend!
Couldn't have the front wheels looking different from the back and the billet pulley will help setting up especially when I eventually get to the rolling road! :lol:

m2S16.jpg

Well after camping at Airfield Anarchy/Mudfest for a stag do two weeks ago in utterly terrible weather today we decided to make another trip out this weekend coming.
So we are off to Husbands Bosworth in Leicester on Friday for the weekend.

This has motivated me to crack on and install the freshly imported bottom pulley. I struggled at the weekend to get it off and had another go tonight with my puller from Machine Mart
Apologies Paul for not needing yours that you were sending me :msn4:

Managed a successful evening although was surprised how much gear I had to remove to get to the pulley - thought it would be a simple job!
With the rear valence off, fuel pressure regulator moved out of the way and the stiff sharp stainless steel fresh air pipes off I was able to remove the rear tinware.

With that off I had full access to the bottom pulley nut and washer - a quick minute with the impact driver and it was off! Easy as that.
Now with the nut off I attached the 3 arm puller and gently wound the pulley off the woodruff key.

In Haynes style installation was a reversal although I did take the time to give the rear tinware a lick of paint as it was getting a little tired.
Some pics of tonight's exploits!

Engine when I started

J8lb9.jpg

Rear ancillary's removed and nut/washer off

VHJNS.jpg

ZI6JF.jpg

Came off really easily

P6dsw.jpg

I cleaned up the area

UIzOl.jpg

New pulley just pushed into place

8LtoZ.jpg

Nearly back together

N0jZn.jpg

Sorted

wKmT6.jpg

og5vk.jpg

RkHXT.jpg

Should make setting the engine up easier in future - especially when I eventually get to the rolling road

After last nights fun and games swapping the bottom pulley and deciding to go to the Husbands Bosworth show this weekend I decided to get my wash mit out and give the bus a wash.
Snowfoam, shampoo and dry with some hoovering and general tidying ready for Friday afternoon.
Came up pretty nice if I do say so myself.

Nice bit of snowfoam to get the grit off the patina

UTFnW.jpg

V1F8i.jpg

4mVZp.jpg

Gave the wheels some love - were looking a little mucky

LyCNc.jpg

mFJu5.jpg

Looking better after a couple coats of wax

n0WXE.jpg

VjST6.jpg

Nearly ready to go back into the garage

bZJ46.jpg

15OiG.jpg

yw3Dn.jpg

Pic of the shifter for the previous Berg discussion thread

ygkIc.jpg

And the obligatory "worry gauges" shot

1jLQi.jpg

6gvbI.jpg

All ready for the off on Friday now! 8)

Just back home from a great weekend away at the Husbands Bosworth classic car show.
Was a great gathering with some cool vehicles - including a tank, a Ferrari and some old vw's!
We did have moments of blazing hot sunshine followed by torrential rain - although the beer stayed cold and the Jagers flowed!

On another note Murphy won his first award - best aircooled at the show which was a massive shock considering some of the other lovely vehicles on display.

Some pics of our great weekend - massive thanks to Nobby for such a great event and Steve for inviting us along.

Us getting set up - didnt bother with the mothership as it was only for one night

1EVnA.jpg

Breakfast

VH8ui.jpg

Tank

GpxfR.jpg

All sorts of vehicles

6Yjyg.jpg

gyMmi.jpg

Cool trike

T60PX.jpg

b3v71.jpg

nfeJ7.jpg

YC4Wt.jpg

The kids had a great time on the back of the mini steam engine

ISpVi.jpg

S731b.jpg

The weather was challenging at times - we loved the retro beetle, was very 90's

ZPMp0.jpg

HEJbl.jpg

Awesome splitty

0FSdQ.jpg

Cheeky vimto's

C4TFQ.jpg

Some amazing bays

xJ1lt.jpg

4I3DO.jpg

9IRna.jpg

Messy!

Cp3DO.jpg

9RJqA.jpg

Our trophy for best aircooled!

TIBFl.jpg

GIwn6.jpg

Dogs waiting for the scraps

J9m3L.jpg

The music was varied

cq6Q2.jpg

O5wvs.jpg

NJLC2.jpg

OsGtY.jpg

Not drunk - nope not me

K4tJr.jpg

ZGxVN.jpg

KXQ8b.jpg

ApZ0O.jpg

H5dtf.jpg

Rarri - parked up

XCNxR.jpg

Twu1n.jpg

sJ4am.jpg

Brave cruising in this considering the weather

xMQ9w.jpg

K0Vap.jpg

After the show we decided to stop somewhere local for a spot of lunch and grabbed a photo of our 3 buses

HwMGz.jpg

fNUun.jpg

f9nq6.jpg

Ace weekend - next stop is Dubs@TheCastle

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Was scrolling down through the photos and stopped with just two sad looking blokes after a heavy night and the caption DOGS BEGGING. Had a right chuckle when I scrolled further to see the two sitting patiently looking up at the possible source of grub. Some great pics there. Battling to get away at the moment as family things happening. Hope you have a great time at DATC.

J & P

gas1man said:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Was scrolling down through the photos and stopped with just two sad looking blokes after a heavy night and the caption DOGS BEGGING. Had a right chuckle when I scrolled further to see the two sitting patiently looking up at the possible source of grub. Some great pics there. Battling to get away at the moment as family things happening. Hope you have a great time at DATC.

J & P

Cheers Jon - was a great weekend! Hope to catch up at some show soon! 8)

Now arrived and set up at Dubs@TheCastle - although the trip down wasn't without incident.
Had an electrical burning smell and batt light come on the M5, pulled over and checked the engine. Bits of metal and sparkles everywhere.

Didn't like being on the hard shoulder so decided to limp over to the show with no charge going into the batteries, went from 14v down to 12.2 so alternator has given up.

Once at dubs the regulator was removed and inspected - all good, although when the alternator was turned manually it is grinding and hard to turn

Diagnosed a collapsed bearing - have a new 55amp Alt ordered (cheers Dave) and fingers crossed it will arrive in time to avoid the big yellow taxi on Monday.

Nightmare!! At least you got there safe and sound. Fingers crossed the alternator turns up.

Have a great weekend, gutted we're not coming as it looks ace but the bus is having brake issues (still).

Mark

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Been working on the bus this morning
Alternator is out - totally locked solid!
Surprised we didn't overheat

Sj7eX.jpg

:(

Lucky you have a couple of days to sort it. Hope you can do that soon and then start to relax a bit :)

Latest posts