T2D Workshop Day

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shavey

Reaction score
Has anyone ever attended one of the Type 2 Detective workshop days. I have always posted my questions on this site and tend to get very helpful replies back. I even read a post yesterday about a problem that I have had with my indicator stalk for ages and was able to fix the problem.
But seriously, the workshop seems pretty good and I am a novice when it comes to mechanics. Appreciate any feedback from any one that may have attended.

Ta

Check this Pete http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=59250&hilit=Boot+camp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

i would say if you can warrent spending the ££££ , do it ,

Not far from me so come to see us too 8)

Well that's it. I'm going to mention this to the wife and get it added to my Birthday pressie list :)
And then after that, I'll save a bit of cash and pay for it myself, but you never know, she may just surprise me.

It does look really good and I would so much love to know a bit more around what make my bus tick.

Cheers, and yes I would defo come for an over night stay. In fact it is on my calendar to visit you all last week in August.

Take care dude.

we were spectators at one when we were doing some sign work there....can't believe how understandable, and how comprehensive it was, [im a budding Female vw mechanic].....and the food was michelin star.

in the winter I will go back as a student for the whole day, as I drive my bus more than my other half, [I think it would also be beneficial to us lady bus drivers]

Now our event is over we'll start to plan an Earlybay technical session/weekend either in the coming few months or early next year once the weather improves. The idea willbe to make it as hands on as possible so its better to learn by actually doing it rather than just being shown.

Suggested Topics are:

Engine Servicing
Braking System- what are the options?
Electrics overview
Lowering - what are the options?
Wheel & Tyre Combos

But can add to this but need it tight so its manageable within the maximum of a day without boring people to death :lol: :lol:

Graham L said:
Now our event is over we'll start to plan an Earlybay technical session/weekend either in the coming few months or early next year once the weather improves. The idea willbe to make it as hands on as possible so its better to learn by actually doing it rather than just being shown.

Suggested Topics are:

Engine Servicing
Braking System- what are the options?
Electrics overview
Lowering - what are the options?
Wheel & Tyre Combos

But can add to this but need it tight so its manageable within the maximum of a day without boring people to death :lol: :lol:

Completely in.

I'd like the day to day stuff, servicing & common breakdowns with road side fixes ideally.

--------------------------------------
Why didn't I buy my bus years ago !?

Electrics are my week point so that would be good.

Electrics are my weak point to, hence still no stereo fitted in the bus yet. Actually, the mechanical side I am also a bit weak on. But certainly is something I will invest in...

I'd be up for this one, Graham.

I think a walk around (and under) a van highlighting common areas to keep an eye on for rot would be a good thing as well.
Gearbox removal would be good too.
Perhaps CV joint replacement as that's a reasonably common issue?

Keep us all updated!

Latest posts