TEFAL 70 High Top from Austria

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As with all factory High Roof vans the undercarriage sports the full belly pans

The interior is a difficult one. I'm not sure if it is factory made (when i say factory i mean professional conversion) or a very good home made affair? One thing for sure, it is very period!

To the front there are small overhead storage cupboards. The one on the right above the sink has a mirror on the inside of the door. Below that is a sink unit under a folding work top/lid with a waste water storage canister and gas cylinder storage in the cupboard below. At floor level on the left is a three way chest fridge/seat.

Folding table and fridge (probably a later addition)

Check out the "Cab Air Conditioning unit"

Looking to the back is a 3/4 folding bed and a hanging wardrobe/shelved cupboard unit. All these units are edged with a varnished hardwood and faced with a light grey wood grain melamine

The Cab is relatively stock apart from the period headrests (which will not be staying. The beige one has been binned as the foam had disintegrated. If there any offers for the other one PM me) And the beetle passenger seat (which is also for sale)

Nice clean dash top

A realy nice surprise is the working clock! Maybe ordered to ensure deliveries were made on time or if it was converted to a camper from new just a useful accessory

The "Pièce de résistance" is a truly one off accessory. Probably made for someone very special with no expense spared. The design is complex but well thought out and practical :lol:

It has not only a drain off to a container mounted under the cab floor but a pressurised water supply for "flushing" and pivots at one end with a magnet at the other for "convenience"

Awesome Jake! Love it!

It was L345 from factory too! Def get it resprayed to original light grey :)

davesmith84 said:
Awesome Jake! Love it!

It was L345 from factory too! Def get it resprayed to original light grey :)
Definitely Dave, it is one of my favourite stock colours. I was so chuffed when I saw the van for the first time :)

Theres a lot of gas pipework in there, those gas taps look to be in a poor place. you dont want to knock those gas taps.

VivaSkegVegas said:
Looking good Jake, nice find well done mate!
Thanks T
trebor said:
Theres a lot of gas pipework in there, those gas taps look to be in a poor place. you dont want to knock those gas taps.
Don't worry about the gas taps, they are probably going but you have to push them in to turn them on ;)

My lips are sealed as too the new project jake, just to say seen this hi top inthe flesh and it's a top banana even made an offer on the pisser , jake he say no.... Booo . Gonna look badass on the deck

You never fail to make me laugh John wherever you post your comments.
If you really want the potty then I'm sure we can work something out :lol:

Latest posts