the bang bus

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
got horny tidying a few wire and switchs
025-13.jpg

this did not work, ended up drilling a 12 mm hole and hand file'in it to 25mm, scratched the dash badly as well: FAIL, i will now have to paint the dash brown and cream: WIN
034-7.jpg

works too
038-5.jpg

not normally a comerdy horn sort of person but the price was right, free
035-7.jpg

the cab is soild to there is a few patchs of the horid stuff starting to bubble on the floor, but it is a 40yr old european bus
029-14.jpg

new seat .... a piece of wood, backing on the drive was a bit sketchy
037-4.jpg

coming to a show near you this summer.

got a sample back from the upholster, gave him the go ahead sould have it back end of next week, cusions for the rear rock and roll bed and the rear and the kickboard.

039-6.jpg

gonna have the front bench seats recovered at some point

all major things now sorted, i just need to build an interior and get some bloody heaters in it before "run to the sun" that means i have to live with that horid rake for a while

056-4.jpg

massive fail, didn't even bottom out on this :retard:
067-1.jpg

rake rake rake, rake rake rake, rake your boody, rake your boody
066-3.jpg

063-1.jpg

064-2.jpg

really poor rolling shot ...... camera phone :think:
057-3.jpg

058-1.jpg

i see the light

first crack at the petrol station shot, taking the nephew and niece out for a blast, next time i'll photograph it empty at night
020-18.jpg

you know what they say you can't polish a turd .............. yes you can
*it does not come across on a shitty camera phone, how well the 40yr old paint has come out, i'm well pleased, gonna take the bumpers, vw badge, grill etc and sand and respray them. the plan was to leave it rat but its to nice*
021-14.jpg

022-12.jpg

023-14.jpg

024-16.jpg

but to be honest it took a full bottle of polish, alot of brasso, a step ladder, 3 hrs and i can't lift my arms now
025-12.jpg

i been asked by pm a couple of times about how the bus is lowered, just re-read the thread, i have a few build thread on different sites and i did not realise i'd not put the details on here so ..............

mines got a 4" scratch built link pin narrowbeam, for a splitscreen, with the adapter bits welded on the sides to fit an early bay. drop spindles and the chassis notched to stop any fouling, the front tyres are 165/60/14r and the rears are 165/80/14 the rear is 2 slines down but the back will be going lower

all the work was done by slamwerks in derby. slamwerks.co.uk

and i've brought more tat :D
001-16.jpg

002-28.jpg

got started at 8 this morning as i have so much to do, had to nip off for a few hours to sell some parts off another bus i have (result) so had a about 10 hrs at it.

rock and roll bed/seat frame out and ready to receive
001-17.jpg

another stupid named daft colour
005-26.jpg

006-18.jpg

and groove rider.

oh look its 60 minutes make over that took me 10 hrs
004-27.jpg

tried to cut my finger off then covered the lens on my phone with my other hand
012-24.jpg

let get busy
013-20.jpg

014-23.jpg

015-20.jpg

016-22.jpg

time to tidy up those (was) rear cards (now head board) P.I.M.P.
017-22.jpg

this stuff rocks my cock off, best thing ever ! glue that actually works and after using a can of it in the back of the bus i was higher than a motherfucker
018-21.jpg

welcome to me sound prof buth
019-15.jpg

i used all my sound proofing on the floor and with the lino on top the whole lengh of the floor it should be quite and warn, as i had to buy 2m wide lino i did a bit of side insurlation with the left overs
020-20.jpg

021-16.jpg

frame back in, in new colour, cards back on (need a bloody good clean tomorrow) seatbeats back and a cool new head board. Very happy with my days works. Its gonna be a busy few weeks watch this space.
023-16.jpg

025-14.jpg

026-11.jpg

027-9.jpg

moons or no caps ?
002-30.jpg

003-26.jpg

i'm skint so i fitted an old cd player i had in my garage. not the best but all the wires are now in so when i can afford a better one (with a remote) i can plug it straight in, had to start from scratch as there was no wires behind the piece of carpet tape covering the sterio hole in the dash.
005-28.jpg

running speaker wires in a bus is gay
004-29.jpg

front speaker in ...... not ideal but i have good sound and will keep for a while
007-28.jpg

wires run to the rear. Can you guess what gonna happen to this truck ?
008-32.jpg

009-29.jpg

first job was to rip a knuckle off, job done ! next i taped it up to stop the blood making my new seat / bed, well please with it. i'll should get the rear cusion tomorrow :thumbup:
001-19.jpg

002-32.jpg

003-28.jpg

004-31.jpg

006-21.jpg

007-29.jpg

008-33.jpg

009-30.jpg

010-23.jpg

011-23.jpg

Tidy dude , love a low 69er 8) . The interior is good too mate

Too be honest i would roll it with no caps son as thats the way i roll bruv :evil:

Oh yeah and that spray glue is hardcore shit man , i am a carpet fitter and use loads of it everyday - I think :lol:

one of the little metal clips that holds the hubcaps onto the steels is missing and another bent, i tried to bend it back and snapped it. This resulted in loosing a metal disk hubcap at 60mph on the a52 as i thought 3 clips would hold it. It did not. I now have to buy another and swap the almost new 165/80/14 to the spare, then have a 165/60/14 fitted to what will be the new spare (with clips missing) so it fits under the arch.

no need to tape this badboy up, fucking the tyre (for onw with a smaller profile so it will fit the bus now low) and rubber valve off. got my first coat down and it started raining again.
wheel moved to toilet and i carried on spraying
008-35.jpg

kicked a clearing in my garage for the bumper to continue spraying *note my pit, also note how much shit i hve in my garage and thats why is in axle stands on the drive*
005-32.jpg

this is how low i will be doing the rear
007-31.jpg

pre rain
006-23.jpg

post rain
how much did i want to use the pit, lights, heater and radio. Instead i spent the afternoon under a van on my back in a puddle ,if it rains all week in cornwall i'm going to start self harming
009-32.jpg

011-24.jpg

this is the bounching shot after i fitted juice ..................... pikey much ?
012-26.jpg

memory like a siv, have to list everything, used this kick ass pen. this was the only thing i brought my wife for christmas, no meaning behind it i just liked the noise it made.
010-25.jpg

view from the afternoon
013-22.jpg

Latest posts