the bang bus

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
got my little helper to shake me rattle cans up in prep
003-29.jpg

don't know how the beasty boys stole all those vw badges couldn't get mine off
005-33.jpg

grill had been sprayed before with the back grill on, so that got a coat of black
006-24.jpg

front bumper on the booth, lol
008-36.jpg

nut brown seemed so right, but i think i've got it wrong this time. Very undecided ... think it will be going back to cream as soon as i get back
007-32.jpg

009-33.jpg

breakdown kit
010-26.jpg

camping kit
011-25.jpg

cleaning kit
012-27.jpg

all hidden away
013-23.jpg

PinkPanther said:
Great pics of Elvaston castle and Alvaston in the backgrounds.Great van dude where did you get the upholstery done?

won't say where you live but pass you bus all the time, love it, you still got the husky dogs ?

a man from donnington did my upholstery, amazing finish and at the right money. you want his number ? i just had a chat with him we both came up with some ideas and a week later he came back with. could not believe how good it is.

bugging me to fuck, the brown works but just is not right with the rest of the van mostly the wheels

well straight from work i went to buy some brown paint, choose matt brown as i loved the finish on the orange wheels, went straight to my mum's gaff as there's room outside to get the wheels off, without turning the bus around. i swore i would not be taking the wheels off for a while, as it takes 2 jacks or an axle stand an a bar to push the spring plates down to get the rears off, how wrong i was.

looks like the right sort of weather to be working on a van in the street and rattle canning out side.
002-33.jpg

as was
003-30.jpg

down it came with thunder and lightening
004-32.jpg

up again
005-34.jpg

first coat down
006-25.jpg

don't know it the heat worked or helped but time was pressing on
007-33.jpg

fail AGAIN
008-37.jpg

liked the finish on the wheel, don't come across on camera as well
009-34.jpg

matt finish on the wheels made the gloss finish on the grill and badge look even worse, no time for messing around tonight, badge came off with a cloth covered screw driver
010-27.jpg

011-26.jpg

as the matt and gloss failed i did the grill and badge in matt brown as i wanted to keep it brown.

there was a break in the storms so i went al'fesco this also did not last long before i was back in the over crowded shed
012-28.jpg

while the paint was drying i fitted some of those white curtain wire things your gran would have her net curtains on
014-26.jpg

this will stop then moving about when driving and keep the light out when camping
015-23.jpg

this is now how dark it was while working on it
016-25.jpg

getto or just plain stupid ? but lay in a puddle as 10pm as being out the house since 6:15am and not eaten since 11. I was not running out extention lead and lead lamp to line a bolt up
017-25.jpg

here a couple of shots of it finished and colour coded, looks mint, don't it
018-24.jpg

019-18.jpg

here's a couple more closer. looks ace now. going to get some cream walls on the tyres. could'nt get the whole bus in the flash would only get bits. i'll try and get some daylight shots tomorrow, but is an early start at work and i need to clean polish and scrub (and pack) the inside all ready for the off thursday morning
020-22.jpg

021-17.jpg

trust me it looks 100 % better, even my mum said :thumbup:

Thats lookin real good, i love the stance of your bus by the way, its spot on!

would like to thank you for all you comments:

daylight pictures, monobrowe ? i do like it again now but not told the mrs i've also packed my tools and a few different colour rattle cans, might even come back different again
004-33.jpg

005-35.jpg

the cards were a bit mucky
006-26.jpg

cleaned up to a line to make sure i was doing something
007-34.jpg

received the final custion today.
sex ?
008-38.jpg

009-35.jpg

010-28.jpg

gonna get the fronts done when i'm back and all the cards too
011-27.jpg

012-29.jpg

the final piece of the jigsaw ......... for now anyway, i'll properly tip the box upside down and start again next week
002-34.jpg

thats it times up put your pencils down. Were off in the morning, carry on camping :cheers:

Luv it !!! the cream walls will make the wheels stand out better and get the brown steelies noticed :) This will also bring the colour of the bumpers into play....could try a little brown pinstriping around corners of bumpers so they don't look so bright ???? But its your bus and its up to u 8) 8)

got the staff on building up the awning for the first time without instructions .....
008-39.jpg

base camp
011-28.jpg

tarted up the cool box
012-30.jpg

then got our cook on
013-25.jpg

WIN !
022-16.jpg

LOL cleaned it and them inside, seals are the best
052-5.jpg

the classic watergate bay shot
054-5.jpg

snapped a awning pole ............ nowt a bit of tape won't fix
122.jpg

stayed at a camp site between 2 fishing village's .. neighbours looked cool.
142-1.jpg

as for all the you can't enjoy a narrowed slammed bus ... what ?
152.jpg

170.jpg

288.jpg

186.jpg

148.jpg

another site, might have scraped off a few sites but i like that shit
126.jpg

got loads more but its been a long day, i'll done some more updating another day

Latest posts