the bang bus

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
127.jpg

104.jpg

209.jpg

241.jpg

110.jpg

073-1.jpg

wheels look gay, jaws is on telly and i can feel a big change coming on. drive home was a bit dodgy
175.jpg

toying with the idea to get rid and buy a t4, air it up vett wheels and rattle can matt brown body on a panel van

:oops: it had been a very long day, packed the awning away in heavy rain then drove for 8 hours in my pants (thats how wet i was) no heating, freezing, could only see 50foot due to spray on lorrys, had to fill it up 4 times on route, it cut out everytime i dipped the cluch, was blown from lane to lane by very strong winds, then watched t4's in the fast lane doing a tonn, all warm ........ truth is i'd never get rid of my early !!! all the reasons its hard work are the same reasons i love it 8)

dubscum said:
:oops: it had been a very long day, packed the awning away in heavy rain then drove for 8 hours in my pants (thats how wet i was) no heating, freezing, could only see 50foot due to spray on lorrys, had to fill it up 4 times on route, it cut out everytime i dipped the cluch, was blown from lane to lane by very strong winds, then watched t4's in the fast lane doing a tonn, all warm ........ truth is i'd never get rid of my early !!! all the reasons its hard work are the same reasons i love it 8)

Just get your heating working, you will be supprised how driving a nice warm bus will change your views, I said I would nver have an air cooled VW due to the shit heating, but thats because i had never been in one with good heating, now that i have, I love it :)

p.s. I hate the cold, therefor J tubes are my a no no!!!

these arrived the day before i left. but i can't get hold of the heater cables for a 69 lhd bus, GSF don't do them, justkampers do 72 onwards and alan schofield should be getting some in a few weeks.
004-34.jpg

001-21.jpg

002-36.jpg

on a 69 bus (gsf only do them for vans) do they have 2 cables, 1 going to each heat exhange then one going to a attachment at the bottom of the cab then 1 going into the cab (not followed it any further) but there are 2 red levers in the front (i know the blue ones open the front airvents) as there are 2 red levering in my bus but only 1 in a panel van does 1 open 1 heat exchange ducted to the cab/window then the other to the rear of the bus ? can anyone add anymore information ? sorry the above is a bit bollocks but i know what i mean and hoppefully someone who know how there routed will do too

not been to bus stop over, first i've heard about it to be honest, new to the scene. Just had a look at the website, looks good so i think will head over as its nice and local too.

took my first front beam off today, not off mine tho off a breaker i've got in a barn
013-26.jpg

and did this in the process .... seems to be abit of a theme when i'm working on them, the wheels might be painted blood red next seems quite fitting
010-30.jpg

anyways sold the beam and brought this !!! when fitted i'll have heat driving and camping whatever next
014-27.jpg

i like my wheels brown up close but any other way they just look like dark steels tucked away, so i have a day off this weekend so i'm going rattle can shopping. Any surgestions ? must be brighter but match the beige and brown

while camping i was talking to marvin (off earlybay.com) who told me about this little trick, 30 seconds in boiling water and the inners pop out with a little help from a flat blade, got some clear looking amber flashing bulbs from halfaurds and BAM clear fronts, best part is when i get bord off looking like a nova i can put the inners back in or tint them or whatever.
004-35.jpg

005-36.jpg

006-27.jpg

now clears
013-28.jpg

is it wrong from taking a wheel off, i can have it prepted from spraying in 7 minutes
003-34.jpg

while it was up have a good look underneath .... bumper doing its job, note the towing eye on the right side of the picture ground off.
011-29.jpg

i wanted a colour to show of the lowness, the narrowed front end, tidy up the van and fit in
BOOM BOOM POW. i like
012-31.jpg

014-28.jpg

015-25.jpg

016-27.jpg

What yer gonna do with all that junk up in your truck
033-7.jpg

here we go again
020-23.jpg

021-19.jpg

underneaths clean
029-15.jpg

praise the lowered
024-21.jpg

018-26.jpg

fitted the number plate then half ripped it off pulling on the drive

for once it didn't rain while working on it. That just would not do so i washed it so i could work in a puddle
035-8.jpg

036-5.jpg

polish
038-6.jpg

039-7.jpg

040-8.jpg

i'm very happy with how it looks now
044-6.jpg

041-5.jpg

042-8.jpg

043-5.jpg

045-4.jpg