The Bug Show Spa

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I looked into that time too but thought I'd take my Allstate trailer for the ride but put the price up by nearly £100... Was thinking a late night Sunday train around 9pm or to reduce costs maybe late Monday morning...

Hi all ' is there room for one more ?
Looks and sounds brilliant,but a bit confused about who's getting what train 'ferry ' tunnel and what time. Never been before so looking for some help .
Help a virgin out !

Can anybody recommend somewhere to camp Wednesday night near the tunnel this side ready for a early train Thursday?

Always room for more !
I'm heading over Thursday, arrive spa Friday. Leave Monday, and tunnel back Tuesday.
James

Thanks James , I best get looking in to booking something
Do you know if there is a group meeting on the other side? Or is it just get your self there

Nothing planned that I'm aware. Would be nice for a little convoy tho !

The more the merrier. I will book up after work tonight. 1236 shuttle Thurs.
L'Hirondelle overnight.
Just got to measure bus height to see which category ticket to buy....

Ed

Called their customer service dept this morning; very helpful and pleasant - explained although a camper, it isn't technically - it is built as a Microbus, but only seats 5. Smaller than some 4x4's. Helpful French lady assured me that the height is the only critical factor, as long as there are windows all round (so it isn't a freight vehicle).....booked me on there and then as 'car over 1.85m tall' - which I am!

Really impressed with the can-do helpful attitude from Eurotunnel helpline, first time I've used them.

I got on the tunnel as car under 1.85, think it's some of the ferrys working on reg plate.

How much did it come to gonna book it in a couple of weeks, is everyones plan to head straight to the camping at Spa off the train or have a mid point stop?

holeydub said:
How much did it come to gonna book it in a couple of weeks, is everyones plan to head straight to the camping at Spa off the train or have a mid point stop?
Hi Holeydub

James and I are planning to overnight Thurs at L'Hirondelle camping near Oteppe. I paid £133 for the tunnel out Thurs 1239 return Sun night 2220. Campsite 37 Euro (paid deposit of 6).
Ticket for Le Bug Show as on website.

Hope this helps!

Ed

AircooledEd said:
holeydub said:
Hi Holeydub

James and I are planning to overnight Thurs at L'Hirondelle camping near Oteppe. I paid £133 for the tunnel out Thurs 1239 return Sun night 2220. Campsite 37 Euro (paid deposit of 6).
Ticket for Le Bug Show as on website.

Hope this helps!

Ed

It does thats great thanks :)

Yep

I'm all booked up and going over with marcher and meeting up sparkywig over there.

Can't bloody wait :)

paul_q said:
Can anybody recommend somewhere to camp Wednesday night near the tunnel this side ready for a early train Thursday?

The Drum Inn at Folkstone is about 10 mins drive from the tunnel

http://thedruminn.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Cracking place and we have stayed there before

StuF said:
paul_q said:

The Drum Inn at Folkstone is about 10 mins drive from the tunnel

http://thedruminn.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Cracking place and we have stayed there before

Already found it in your bus thread, looks ideal thanks.

Bug show
http://s1320.photobucket.com/user/pietervwmas/library/Bug%20Show%202016%20deel%201" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://s1320.photobucket.com/user/pietervwmas/library/Bug%20Show%202016%20deel%202" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Latest posts