The Bus Types Show

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Camper Man

Reaction score
Are there any arrangements for The Early Bay Bunch, to attend The Bus Types Show.

If so owhat are they.

I am new to the ways of the early bay meets, having owned 1 Split, 3 Bays(Later Ones), Lost count of how many Beetles over the years, i got back into Vdubs last june after a 7 year break, and am keen to intro my 2 year old to the ways of the dub....that wont be hard he's already mad on them....Its in the Genes !

It would be good to meet up as a bunch of similar van owners and swat up on what should be where in my van !!!

Cheers

Camper Man

Hi and Welcome to the Site

There are no club camping spots at Bus Types but we normally get a list together and whover gets there first saves a big enough space.

There will also be an Earlybay line up on the Saturday too.

I will start a list going as soon as Tredegar House Show is over.

Jon

faux said:

Jon

Its like being on a hamster wheel, isnt it? :mrgreen:

Clem said:
faux said:

Jon

Nearly peed my pants!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Anyhow, moving on from this coming weekends disapointment, am looking at this show and seem to remember you being quite enthusiastic about it Jon? Looking on the website, if booking for the 'special displays' on both Sat and Sun, you get free entry to the show!! Just wondered if anyone knew how being in the displays would affect the whole 'setting up camp' thing. Not sure I want the bus in one place and awning etc half a mile away when trying to cook breakfast or make a brew. Or am I just being unreasonable expecting to get free entry and then display and camp all at the same time? Think I may be answering my own question..... :roll:
May ring them in the morning and have a word if no one here can help.
Cheers.

Pete B said:
Clem said:
faux said:

Jon

Nearly peed my pants!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Anyhow, moving on from this coming weekends disapointment, am looking at this show and seem to remember you being quite enthusiastic about it Jon? Looking on the website, if booking for the 'special displays' on both Sat and Sun, you get free entry to the show!! Just wondered if anyone knew how being in the displays would affect the whole 'setting up camp' thing. Not sure I want the bus in one place and awning etc half a mile away when trying to cook breakfast or make a brew. Or am I just being unreasonable expecting to get free entry and then display and camp all at the same time? Think I may be answering my own question..... :roll:
May ring them in the morning and have a word if no one here can help.
Cheers.

i will have the wife and kids with me so i will also be interested to find this out

Afraid I've not contacted them yet to enquire how it all works, will give it a go tomorrow.

Dubscum, what you doing posting so early on a bank holiday??!! I've only got up to make a cuppa and am taking that and yesterdays paper back to bed!

Pete B said:
Afraid I've not contacted them yet to enquire how it all works, will give it a go tomorrow.

I am not sure how they will organise free tickets but I will be emailing them today.

The Earlybay camping can only be organised by the first people to arrive marking out a spot, I'll start a new thread.

As far as I am aware, anyone joining the line up will have their ticket refunded on the day, but I will get more info.

Jon

Pete B said:
Dubscum, what you doing posting so early on a bank holiday??!! I've only got up to make a cuppa and am taking that and yesterdays paper back to bed!

about to start working my bus :? i've put my name down for the line up, so better get my finger out :D

yeah, aiming for that date, will be in the bus, but not Porsche engine fitted :( I've just broken a piston ring that is no longer available :evil: so trying to track one down in Germany.

Pleasse see this thread:

http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=22537" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

There is no deadline for the line up and there will be one sat and sun but if you want a free ticket for the driver then I will need your address and Van registration by the end of today.

If all goes to plan I will see you all there.

Jon

If you have requested tickets please read:

http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=22537&p=196565#p196565" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Dont think i'll make it this year, off to Poole to pick up a new project :mrgreen:

See you all at Standford Hall

Latest posts