The Dropped Dough Ball

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Best place around! everyone is laid back and drinks tons of cider, what more do you need?! 8)

Right then, been busy sorting a few things on the van.

MOT - passed with NO probs :D

Fitted new Tacho.

Leisure battery wired up to stereo etc, rather than just jack points.

Just raised up the back! (yes raised it half a spline!) :shock: :shock: I know, i know, but it need to be done as back was too low and looked like the front was higher :shock: tested shocks but all okay, so bum up a bit and she is sitting pretty with a quarter of an inch rack - level stance. Relatively easy process apart from need new brake lines as some how these had been mounted through the rear suspension :shock: :shock: so when moved to the correct position they snapped, new lines is always a nice feeling though :D

Book her in to have some underbody work that I really can not be arsed to do myself. Having the underside steamed and blasted, to get all of the old schwartz off and any flakey rusty bad stuff, then any holes etc tended to. (only found one so far!) then re sealed. Hopefully she will be all ready then for the up and coming events.

Will post pics soon. As soon as the blinking days are lighter! 8)

wow, thats a fantastic looking van you've got there. love the interior and the wheels as well. well worth all the effort and money you've put in.
superb!!

Cheers fella, have done a few more mods recently so will post some more pics asap. (getting some at the weekend 8) )

Ez i know its been here a while but your van is the bollox mate . loving it , as you know i love my panel vans but your van really is quality , lots of hard work put in and you are reaping the benefits :wink:

Cheers Grazy :D Its nice to hear things like that is it makes all the hard work and money seem allot more worth while. I will be taking some new pics soon as there have been a few more mods and stuff! 8) and of course the earlybay sticker and its all important placement! :D 8)

Come on Scampi you know you wanna join us here in the Brizzle :wink: It'll be good to have another cool bay in the club and i think you'd enjoy the cider nights with myself and Ez 8)
Go on do it :D

Update 8)

Van is having the underside steamed off and cleaned. Any welding found is going to be sorted and as you can see she is solid as you like! only one bit of welding about the size of a 10p :D

Then the old girl is being re shwartzed and it good to go 8)

She flies!
PhonePic003.jpg

Serious suspension raise :shock: 8)
PhonePic001.jpg

Solid underneath anyone! remmeber this is before any sorting :D 8)
PhonePic002.jpg

Hopefully gonna get the new pulleys and dizzy cap on by friday aswell, then its a timing check and she is ready to rock.

Good to see the old gal having a bit of treatment on her belly :D

damn those grit lorries putting salt on our roads :evil:

cool bus ez maaaaaaaann , loving the new tripped out avatar .bit naughty 8) :lol: 8) :lol: 8)

hello sir whats that old thing doing on here .... fingers crossed i will get down there tomorrow and get those jobs sorted solong as me body will let me..... done a bit of shopping today and felt like i had run a marathon !! any way as you have all said this is a really nice bus and a plesure to work on :D

:lol: means you dont have to get your hands to dirty more like :lol:

Stop complaining that man! get them gloves on and get off your sick bed!! Poppy needs her timing done!! :lol: :lol:

Only joking! :wink:

trimming :?: i presume you mean triming :wink: Squirrel is doing me timing.

There are loads of good trimers out there, varying degrees of cash though :shock: try and find one close to home and ask to see some of their work. This way you can pop round there and check on the progress easily, plus it saves money on postage etc. 8)

**Update**

Been busy on the van the last week to get her up and rocking for the summer.

Underneath of the van totally steamed, welded, blasted and then reswartzed.

New Pulleys fitted and "spring" cleaned the engine bay, plus had the engine retuned and timed (note the really thick bottom pulley washer!) nice little mod to keep that bad boy perfectly straight 8)

PhonePic004.jpg

PhonePic007.jpg

PhonePic003-1.jpg

Put the all important sticker on.

PhonePic016.jpg

PhonePic009.jpg

Added a few cheeky little touches to the interior.

PhonePic015.jpg

PhonePic008.jpg

PhonePic012.jpg

PhonePic014.jpg

Roll on the summer!!! 8) 8)

Latest posts