The Egotrip bus: slammed Nov 69 Kombi

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Graham L said:
Don't forget he's got to get back to Brighton :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The man does not own a smart phone. first job update thread, second job drive home :D

Pete

Here you go :D

DSC02706_zps5340f521.jpg

DSC02708_zpse222f884.jpg

DSC02707_zpsaf3c15f3.jpg

DSC02709_zps5f5ce804.jpg

The rear end has been narrowed, with notches and adjustable springplates to get the wheels well up in to the arches with the new 195/65 tyres. Tucking nicely and driving really good.

Cruising speed has increased by about 5mph due to the bigger tyres.

Slamwerks have done a top job :)

Going in to the workshops of Wolfsburg Wizards early next week for phases 2 and 3 of this winter work....

Thanks everyone :) The pictures are not really doing it justice at the moment.

Matt - I am having a new motor built which is now almost ready, plus a general engine bay tidy up and under windscreen repair.

That looks just awesome! Great stance! Love this bus anyway, the build thread and the many pictures of past trips, always brings a smile to my face. :grin:

--------------------------------
Own a Bay?......Feel the love!

Hell yes. Looking very nice indeed. Another tick for Slamwerks. :D Narrowing the rear seems a little difficult. What's the process?

I'm never a fan of the contrast of narrow front ends and stock-ish rear ends. narrowing the rear is such a nice touch, nicely done. I'll keep it in mind for the velvet 68...

Just read your whole thread.your bus is exactly how I want my 68 to turn out.:)
A trully awesome bus.

I have a couple of questions.
1st are you running a 1600sp with a 1302 gearbox,what is your crushing speed like?

And secondly your paint looks awesome,like a Matt blue.how do you care for it.do you anchor wax or anything?

Sorry if these questions sound stupid.lol

Cheers fella. I am running a stock 1600sp with the 1302 box. I find it doesnt have the torque for getting up hills though, so I would advise having a bigger motor.
It cruises around 60-65mph now with those tyres.
I use Ankor Wax on the paint, though I haven't done it for a while now.

spoonerdtg said:
Looks awesome I love this bus, how easy is it to get the rear wheels off when needed?
Thanks Spooner, not sure how easy its going to be, but should be a bit easier than before as I have more space between the rim and the arch to get the wheel out.

Your bus has perfect patina and a great story, what sort of upgrade are you planning?

Im going to be sorting my 1600 tp out with some more oomp, a more refined version of the 1300tp I built for my bug
IMG_0589.jpg