The Foose subtle custom split

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

baron

Reaction score
Just having a lunchtime squizz at the Oldbug.com, and noticed a split for sale for $110,000!!! Which did the job of sucking me in, and have to say I'm really impressed with what i saw, customisation, but so as you would barely notice it. Much as it would usually pain me to post on here about a plit, this one has some tweaks I really respect.

http://www.oldbug.com/foosebus.htm

What do you reckon?

Anything close to this on the EB scene that anyone can point me to?

Saw them doing this on his show. I really like it as a custom, would have been better with a vw badge on the front but hey ho, foose is the man! 8)

You want to buy it? :shock: :shock:

fooseIMG_1045112.jpg

If i had $110 000,- i would customize my early bay! :mrgreen:

Do I wanna buy it? NO WAY! :lol:

I especially like the lack of badge easy, makes the front end look fat

really like the alloy trim removed down low, adds balance and lowers the visual centre of gravity - also makes it look fatter

Fair, i think that is an improvement on stock for sure, he is a clever bugger!

Looks a bit like your bus as it happens ;)

You know any other subtle modded EBs then?

baron said:
Looks a bit like your bus as it happens ;)

You know any other subtle modded EBs then?

It does...........and i did mine first ;)

Not many subtle modded ones about which is good :mrgreen:

I really hate it.

I think there are so many things done for the sake of it, and too many lazy changes. If your moving indicators, then change then cos fish eyes are ugly in any case, body mods to look lower is cheap when lowering has developed the was it has. The badge on the front is simply bizarre.

I really think it shows how different the VW scene must be to mainstream yank custom. All just my opinion.

:)

Easy- your bus is waaay cooler. Subtlety wins the day.

heh, wasn't casting aspertions, merely acknowledging that you has a good eye for a custom mister

*hats off*

baron said:
heh, wasn't casting aspertions, merely acknowledging that you has a good eye for a custom mister

*hats off*

no probs dood, many thanks hats off, its appreciated 8)

I like the fact that the mods are quite often overlooked, gives you a feeling that they think they are standard and should be like that. :D

Clem said:
I really hate it.

I think there are so many things done for the sake of it, and too many lazy changes. If your moving indicators, then change then cos fish eyes are ugly in any case, body mods to look lower is cheap when lowering has developed the was it has. The badge on the front is simply bizarre.

I really think it shows how different the VW scene must be to mainstream yank custom. All just my opinion.

:)

Easy- your bus is waaay cooler. Subtlety wins the day.

I agree with you Clem. Even though the fit and finish is spot on it just looks awkward and wrong to me. I think the guy who they'd surprised by doing it wasn't best pleased either. I got the impression he liked things stock. :shock:

Volkswagen decided the only way to improve a split was to make an EB, why did foose think he could re-write history :lol:

I think its nasty :? , i remember thinking the bloke who owned it didnt look best pleased, ( i guess thats why its up for sale)it was og paint bus and just needed slamming and would have been perfect imo, it makes me wonder if all the American cars ive watched him do are looking just as nasty to people who know the cars better than i do if you get my drift?

at least it was a split though eh :lol:......................kev

I've watched a lot of his programs and to be honest some of the cars are stunning, mainly muscle cars though that he built to his own ideas / standards but he is a hot / street rod man and he does know his stuff. Just think that the splitty was a step to far would of preferred it if he just rebuilt it to stock with the engine upgrades etc but foose tried to change hte looks and thats probably why its for sale

i agree with clem and the like.... totally butchered a perfectly good split! foose usually knocks out some real cracking rides.... this isnt one of them! looks like he's basically taken off all the nice details on the van... and then stuck them all back on in the wrong places!!!! and side skirts?!? why?????

lame! :msn4:

if you ignore the fact its a split, its actually not bad, the colour is maybe slightly wrong and the badge is a minor point that should be changed.
the original design should have been followed and some billet alloys put on, it would have looked loads better that way. The skirts are maybe too chunky but the 'pinched' seam is a little unsightly so I can see the reasons behind them.....

it is £66k though which is just plain daft - samba/foose or otherwise.

The curved mirror arms are really nice. Wheel detail also. The idea of belt trim running lower and meeting the (earlier) tail lights is clever. Looks shit, but clever idea. The rear bumper is quite clever, but the whole concept with raising the bumpers and those hideous, gross, so false looking crap side skirts just does not work. Those side skirts, just how shit and amature is it possible to make something look? I hope the workmanship elsewhere is up to scratch, the amount of filler in some of the Boyd Coddington builds was scary.
I get the feeling that so many things have been done because 'they can' rather than because it makes a positive effect over the original. Why move the fish eye indicators? Real bad taste, bad move. Interior looks very nice I must say. Maybe because most of it is repro, stock style? 50 plus years down the line and the stock design still gets the 'thumbs up' from the masses. Says a lot.
Just my opinion. :D

Latest posts