The Government are looking at potentially banning....

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pye1man

Reaction score
The Government are looking at potentially banning cars older than 10 years from towns and cities - which of course is ludicrous and simply unfair. If you agree with me please sign the petition against this stupidity.

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/Classic-Cars/

Sorry If it's already been posted, but better safe than sorry!

Cheers

Andy

Banning 10 year old cars does seem logistically infeasible to be honest, plus the fact that it would probably be seen as discriminating against those who could not afford to own a car less then 10 years old or afford daily public transport as an alternative.

Still, popped my name down just in case :D

Have you put this on Just Kampers, Volkszone etc so as many people see it as possible?

Classic cars which by defenition are almost entirely made of cars (and vans) over ten years old make up a very small percentage of the road population and are an easy target for the government who wants to make a 'show' that they care. Why not ban people driving their kids to school if they live within a certain distance and why arent all our councilers and MPs driving Priusis. why not give people with limited milage insurance a special badge or numberplate so we are exempt from bans like that and target the dodgy owners of older cars who dont maintain or insure their vehicles.

Regardless of what happens, my van is my daily, i have no other car.. so how else am i supposed to travel?? i'm going to continue to use it, i have no choice.. unless they threaten to crush it.. in which case im moving out this country, and finding somewhere me and my van can live happily :lol:

signed,as you cant be too sure what crackpot schemes they will think up next! it will probably be ken livingstone and TFL that introduce it first,they listen to no-one anyway though! :x

I think we're safe from this one (I've signed it just in case though!), in the past when laws like this have been proposed there has has always been a concession for older 'classic' cars - ie over 30 years old!

Bloody politicians... :evil:

;)

That would never pass, do you think what they are doing is getting our address then they can find out where all the classic cars might be so they can put up parking charges and all other things to single us out, although I don't believe my own words it would be a good and easy to get an idea of where we all are :shock:

Shaggy said:
That would never pass, do you think what they are doing is getting our address then they can find out where all the classic cars might be so they can put up parking charges and all other things to single us out, although I don't believe my own words it would be a good and easy to get an idea of where we all are :shock:

Hey don't shoot the messenger :( don't forget it's already starting to happen in London. They've already got your address via the DVLA/DVLC.

Whilst were all being paranoid, I've always wondered about the tax exempt vehicle situation as they don't normally give anything away especially if you a working family... I wonder if its payback time???

Cheers

Andy

I hope they don't kick us in the balls, I mean most of us only use them in the summer now and again, so we are really not the problem.

Shaggy said:
I hope they don't kick us in the balls, I mean most of us only use them in the summer now and again, so we are really not the problem.

agreed :D

personally i think we should burn downing street im sick of hearing stupid ideas the clowns running this country come up with cmon the revolution i say

carry%20on%20dont%20lose%20your%20head%20320x240.jpg

;)

We've got to pay for that plane that crashed which is worth 600000000 some how :evil:

Just signed up, to be honest if they want to introduce this there are far more do-gooders in this country that will agree to it than there are classic car owners but hey ho
Will they then class classic cars as over 10 years old and give them tax exemption? :)

That's just plain insane - I've heard real stories of this kind but from Italy,
where it's forbidden to drive 2-strokers like Vespa's & Lambretta's in the Umbria -area.
That's pretty damn close dontcha think???

show me the government statement that they are planning to ban classic cars from cities, or the formal 12 week government consultation, or anything other than a pointless petition and a bit of hype... :roll:

Latest posts