The llllllllllllllllllllooooooooooooongggggggg Road back

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NADZ

Reaction score
Well here we are so far.What do you all thik so far
23092007.jpg

23092007001.jpg

23092007002.jpg

23092007003.jpg

23092007004.jpg

23092007005.jpg

23092007006.jpg

Never done much bodywork before(cut my teeth on landys)beyond rivit another plate on :roll:
So just wanted an opinion.Im flatining the white coz im spraying the whole thing :wink:

Nadz,
You've made a great start there - it's looking very good!
Remember to keep everything as clean as possible and take your time - every hour spent on prep will pay dividends in the end!

Keep it up!

;)

AGree - looks very nice - doing a cracking job.
Remember, take your time and all will come out good :lol:

Looking good dude.

You can't beat the satisfaction of doing something yourself. :)

"Update" well we have been quite busy over the weekend and heres the results so far ...............
Picture1035.jpg

Picture1034.jpg

Picture1033.jpg

Picture1032.jpg

Picture1031.jpg

Picture1030.jpg

Bearing in mind this is the first blow over (lots of elbow grease to go)
And its the first time I tried this body work/spraying stuff
I reckon its not to bad :)

Nice work - the paint looks a bit thin in places, but as you say it's the first of many... - I bet you're chuffed to have it one colour again!

Keep up the good work and the updates, too! 8)

;)

What can I say after TOOOOO MUCH !!! heart ache and HARD GRAFT its done.Well the painting is anyway :lol: Anyway here she is what do you lot think ? Just gotta decide on 1)what finish to put over this and 2)what interior to go for :roll: :roll:
Picture1196.jpg

Picture1194.jpg

Picture1193.jpg

Picture1192.jpg

Picture1191.jpg

Picture1190.jpg

Picture1189.jpg

Picture1188.jpg

Picture1187.jpg

Picture1186.jpg

Bare in mind ive never done body work before :wink:

Justin & Mutley said:
Nadz,
I'm so chuffed for you - it looks fantastic! 8) 8)

You've done a top job there - what next?

;)

Thats just the point to be honest I dunno :roll: iIm just over whelmed to be here !Its taken so long
But the question does bear asking :wink:
I was thinking of just putting a wax coat over the paint so as not to lose to much of the Satin/matt effect.What do you think?

Not really my area of expertise - but I like the sound of it! The finish looks great and I can understand why you'd want to keep that look! 8)

It's really going to look the mutts nuts when you've got the furniture back on...

;)

I also got the feeling for a bit of pinstriping and a dare say the odd ironcross or two :wink: Oh and did i mention the EMPI 5 's in maybe blood red and a big fat rubber injection on the rear arch :lol:

NADZ said:
I also got the feeling for a bit of pinstriping and a dare say the odd ironcross or two :wink: Oh and did i mention the EMPI 5 's in maybe blood red and a big fat rubber injection on the rear arch :lol:

Go Hot Wheels, Go!!!!

blu96febus.jpg

Sorry it's a Split :oops:

;)

J&M - Like the hot wheels (shame it's a split!!).

I'm sure lacquer over the top would work - fairly sure you can get different
lacquers as in shiney or mat.
Will protect the paint better than wax.
Pin stripping sounds good - perhaps have a go at sign writing to give that
extra ' :shock: WOW' factor.......... :wink:

Check it out .All i gotta do is figure out how to rewire the arse end and then she's good to go :lol:
21022008001.jpg

21022008.jpg

Top job! nice to see another early bay with later arches, like mine! i don't feel so different any more :lol:

hasthespaz said:
Top job! nice to see another early bay with later arches, like mine! i don't feel so different any more :lol:
I thought the whole point was being a bit indipendent (on the VW scene)
And when you get old motors im afraid you get old repairs.I mean have you seen some of the abominations that float around on splity's.
Im afraid the 70's werent renowned for "tasteful"repairs.But as long as its safe I dont care :lol:

Latest posts