The panel/bus/westy van story so far ??

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Couple more bits done,having removed the head lining to fit the roof this left quite a bit of room up above our heads so I made a shelf and put the CB up there too.
canvas2010.jpg

canvas2009.jpg

Also made another little space for the boy`s books and dvd`s.

canvas2011.jpg

Not much happening with the van lately,went to Ninove in it 700 ile round trip with no probs,slept in the pop top for the first time and found it very comfy :D .
Have bought this now as a daily driver :D :D
fastback002.jpg

fastback006.jpg

fastback001.jpg

fastback004.jpg

Hi, Phil ! I have followed all your thread and I am bringing it to life since youmseem to be enjoying your VWs and not posting any updates ;)
Actually, I wanted to tell you that I finally got hold of a westy roof and I will try fitting it the way you did...I might wait until the end of the summer though...even though I am dying to have that extra room I dont want to open a can of worms before the holidays! :lol: (no pun)

I will keep youmposted, and if you don't mind I might ask for a little advice when I get started.
Thanks in advance,
Tonio

Hey Tonio your right not been on here much,you can ask away when ever you want.Will be updating soon as were going on our hols in the van soon. :D
Phil.

Well we`ve just done our two week holiday in Cornwall (st ives) and Devon (Woolacombe).It was Joseph`s first camping trip and our first big one with the pop top.Myself and Edward slept up top the bed I made with stood my 14 stone and Ed`s 2 1/2,Michelle said it was bending a little but we slept very well,Michelle and Joseph slept on the RnR bed.
Our pitch at Woolacombe bay
HOLIDAY2012019-1.jpg

Expensive site for what we need as we don`t bother with the club etc.One shower block was ok the other pretty poor.
The boys in the front seat
HOLIDAY2012007-1.jpg

Us as the sun goes down
HOLIDAY2012125-1.jpg

Edward with penguin at park at near Hayle
SUMMERHOLIDAY2012387.jpg

Something I knocked up for Ed with an old steering wheel
SUMMERHOLIDAY2012319.jpg

Will update more later,
Phil

Nice to meet you in woolacombe. You'll be pleased to know i got in trouble for going awol.

IMG_0172.jpg

Hey Ash how you doing ?. Yeh Edward loves it I`m too old and knackered to pull him around on it though :? .

Hi Leon was good to meet you.
You in trouble for stalking earlybayer`s :lol: ,At least you got your fish for the barbie.

Well I can't believe my last post on here was 2012 !.
Been on and off here reading what folks have been up too though.

I guess I've been busy doing other stuff,house extension new job other vehicles.
Done a fair bit to the van since then too last job was late bay steering box conversion.
Bought box and arm off of Radish on here thanks again,made my own adapter plate with crush tubes and fitted it on.cant believe no play or wander when driving its great I can now relax when Lorry's pass me,would recommend it to all who have vague steering.i had been running a "re con" box from a well known company had it on around 8 years with maybe 20000 miles on it.
Last year spent many hours welding,inner & outer sills both sides,wheel arch,outriggers,chassis repairs,front valence inner and outer.
Year before I fitted a 100w solar panel which again is great,I opted for a flexi one and bonded it to the roof .
I will try and update with photos when I get chance.
Phil.

Latest posts