Thinking of doing EBI in 2015 - how good is it?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stueyd1975

Reaction score
Thinking of going for my 40th next year, and need to sell it to a few mates not into VW's but more into getting lashed right up.

Thoughts appreciated.

One of the best aircooled VW events in Europe.

Very strong Belgian beer.

Not much non VW entertainment.

Think Clare and I will be doing EBI next year too - will see how we get on at Spa this Aug!
8)

Drove there in my bug last year, best show I've been too. Watch out for the potholes though not fun on a slammed bug :)

In the minority here, but not the best I've personally been to. The drive through Belgium...a nightmare with the abundance of potholes or should I say minor to major road collapses! Entertainment was great if you were fluent in german/flemish/french. Generally a good vibe to the whole affair, apart from the guy next to us having his bike stolen overnight off his bike rack. I guess the poor weather didnt help much either. Would I go again?.......I'm sure I will return one day. Be interesting for myself to see how SPA fairs in comparison.

Foz said:
In the minority here, but not the best I've personally been to. The drive through Belgium...a nightmare with the abundance of potholes or should I say minor to major road collapses! Entertainment was great if you were fluent in german/flemish/french. Generally a good vibe to the whole affair, apart from the guy next to us having his bike stolen overnight off his bike rack. I guess the poor weather didnt help much either. Would I go again?.......I'm sure I will return one day. Be interesting for myself to see how SPA fairs in comparison.

Did someone say SPA!! 8) 8) :lol: 8) 8)

Best show by far,
Some of the fastest aircooled cars there.
Burnout ring
Off road section
Only aircooled non of this watercooled stuff taking over
Huge auto jumble
Close to the town for food and beer so no rip off prices

Weather was a bit pants but you can't control that!

sjhjoinery said:
Best show by far,
Some of the fastest aircooled cars there.
Burnout ring
Off road section
Only aircooled non of this watercooled stuff taking over
Huge auto jumble
Close to the town for food and beer so no rip off prices

Weather was a bit pants but you can't control that!

I love EBI and have been to everyone but the first.

Sadly I fear the quick VW's are getting thinner on the ground at the show though.

Latest posts