This is my 70 Deluxe

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
its just stuck on ,it dont stop the rain just the crap
myfirstearly056.jpg

myfirstearly055.jpg

hi mate i have had a couple of sunroofs that leaked .you should be aware that they ment to leak in to the chanel round where the cables go where there is six drain holes these some times get blocked and will leak water into the van .they also a small plastic hose on the drain holes which often comes of these are hidden under the headling on each corner hope this helps :idea:

:mrgreen: Finaly got my number plates :mrgreen:
050.jpg

046.jpg

Got a few more stickers as well now :lol:

Now a little closer to the ground with front beam adjusters and a 1 spline drop at the rear.
020.jpg

024.jpg

030-2.jpg

i had the same color difference on my old t2a in chiantired after new painting of the front! the painter told me he got the real chianti red. perhaps it is because of the "new" water paints?

The front panel was repaired just after i baught it, Leaked water in under the screen rubber :roll: .
When it was repaired the petrol filler cap was cut and polished to get a decent colour match.
Wasnt matched by eye but done with a gadget that scans the paint pigment,depth etc.... Then (i guess) the data is fed into paint mixing machine that makes up the paint.
Problem is its a 40 year old van coverd in 40 year old paint, well almost ;)

Well i understand. i was angry about the painter cause i thought he would take the color of the old chianti red - easpecially colors like red change lot about the years, other painter told me that he could not guarantee to hit the right color but do his very best and need bout 2 hours to mix the paint by hand. I sold the chiantired one last year and got now a new painted delta green, so i hope, that i havent got these probs again....
but the difference is ok by you?

Picture of my old bay:
chiantired1.jpg

No, not realy. Had front panel repairs on my old bus ending with the same poor colour match(was worse last time).Thing is the old paint on this Bus has sun fade etc and looks realy nice and would prefer the whole van to be like this. But now with the resprayed front panel i guess i need to start saving for a complete body resto.

Been a while since an update on my bus but have now got the money for a full respray.
Ive spent the last 2 weeks (spare time) stripping the van for paint. Ive found a few rust issues that need sorting before it goes off to the bodyshop. Bottom of the drivers door needs a little bit of work also the panel between the tailgate n engine lid has filler in. I baught a new panel from CnC that im gonna make a start on tomorrow evning.
Its going back to the bodyshop that did the front end as ive used them a few times before and cant fault their work.

The story so far.....
bodywork018.jpg

bodywork021.jpg

bodywork023.jpg

bodywork025.jpg

Sure is, going in a few weeks and not seeing it again till the new year. Il get a bit of spare time to play with our Beetle. Screeming out for a bit of TLC.

I like the stance it has now Rich, fancy some of that on my new bus ;) was it much work?
I was sad to see the old girl go but she has gone to a good home :D missed it so much I just had to get another one.
See you at the breeze m8, give me your mobile number ;)

Cheers Airtime, thanks for the complements. Cant wait to see it painted, will be the longest few months of my life :) .

Mark, Wasnt hard to drop her down a few inches. Tha beam was megga heavy but not rocket science fitting the adjusters. You dont need to strip the beam arms,leaves etc... I used Creative adjusters (come with instructions). 1 Spline drop on the rear.
Well pleased with the Van. Spent (when the paints done) 9.5k inc the price of the van since i picked it up from you n God only knows how many hours ive spent on it.
Love it to bits and cant see me ever replacing it. Can see why you went out and got another.

Cheers again

Rich 8)

Nice bus (especially when its finished ;) )
Sorry, but preferred it before the lowering stick had touched it :p

What's going to happen to the interior?

Aint cheap is it keeping a bus eh?
I'm not even going to keep score on the wedge I am going to spend. I'm in it for the long haul this time. :D
I'm lucky I can sort the body out myself, and I don't count the man hours, I do it for love and the sheer kick of it :D
Call you on the day, be good to catch up.

gninnam said:
Nice bus (especially when its finished ;) )
Sorry, but preferred it before the lowering stick had touched it :p

What's going to happen to the interior?
Yeh, i know what you mean about lowering. If VW built them with the front not so high originaly i wouldnt have lowerd it. I suppose the rear a may drop a little over the years anyway due to engine positioning etc...
But it sits level now, how i like my cars.

As for interior itl be a full width RnR bed and a stove untill ive finnished it externaly(Priorities :mrgreen: ).
At the moment id like to end up with an OG ( and Mint) westy interior.
Short term my next lump sum i need to save for maybe be a propper Headlining as mine needs replacing and the windows are already out, dont want to take them out a 3rd time.

Cheers for the comments all.

Rich :mrgreen:

Latest posts