This is my 70 Deluxe

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Rich, I'm holding off painting till winter :roll: Want to use it this year as we have a few trips planned

Getting there slowly :mrgreen: .
Right, since its been back from the bodyshop ive managed to get a few bits back on. Had to buy a few bits and bobs as the light gasgets, front indy lenses etc were cracked and faded.
Front and rears almost done..........
march2010023.jpg

march2010027.jpg

But from the side..........

march2010025.jpg

Rich 8)

Cheers all. All the hard works starting to pay off. Maybe ready for battle of the Bays 2011 :)
061-1.jpg

BEUTYFUL BUS MY BUSBROTHER I HAVE ONE BUS 1907 THE LUXE

CONGRAGULATION FOR YOUR BUS

GOOD BAY THE CITY MEXICO.D.FFFF

Found these the other day on my daughters memory card, forgot that id taken them :mrgreen: .
It pretty much looks like this at the moment but im going to be buying some more goodies very soon. Then il be starting on the interior.
Both sets of wheels (My OG's & 15 inch split wheels) are in primer almost ready to be painted the same colour as the roof and bumpers.
P.S I HATE WETFLATTING!!!!!!
100_4042.jpg

100_4040.jpg

100_4036.jpg

100_4026.jpg

That is one ACE looking van 8)
Jealous is a word I do not like to use much but..... ;)

The vans been in storage since the new year due to finances etc etc, but have finaty got some money together to get a few more bits done.
The engine had a small crack in the block that needed ally welding as it was leaving its mark wherever i parked it. Also when it was painted id left the engine in, so that also got a fair dusting of primer and red paint :? .

Soooo.....

The engine was stripped (Again :evil: ) and the block sent to the local engineers for the welding to be done.
Whilst it was away i sent all the tinwear away for blasting and powdercoating 8)
Getting there slowly but surely.
Planning to get a fair few more bits done this year so keep an eye out for updates :mrgreen:

Rich
004-2.jpg

001-1.jpg

010-5.jpg

008-5.jpg

Right then, finaly a little bit of an update.
The vans been in storage since the paintjob last winter due to the usual finance problems that EB owners seem to suffer from :mrgreen: but finaly ive got a few more bits done.
Went in to the local trimmers for a new headliner after finaly sorting the usual problems that sunroof Busses suffer from so hopefully no more problems there. If all else fails theres always masking tape :mrgreen: .
Also the engines back in but untested and untuned at the mo. Only had it running for 5 mins so far and sounds ok. But my oil light on the dash has stopped working at the mo so i need to sort that before i warm her up and tune it.
Door handles and mirrors fitted, went well :) but had the usual problems with the new window rubbers and some of the parts of the C&C waistband trim are a bitch to fit!!!
Only got one side of the waistband trim fitted at the moment as i ran out of time so thatl be done next week now.
Just then got to fit the rear bumper on and the exterior is just about done, wahoooo :lol:
Oh, nearly forgot, i need hubcaps :lol:
053-1.jpg

050-1.jpg

045.jpg

046-1.jpg

058-1.jpg

The head-liner looks very very nice 8) :D

The paint job looks really deep so once the trim is in place all around the van will look super cool 8) ;)

thats a stunner, makes me glad i chose red. im going to have to find some way of making mine look different now (other than the sliding door being on the right side) lol

antoine said:
thats a stunner, makes me glad i chose red. im going to have to find some way of making mine look different now (other than the sliding door being on the right side) lol

Dont fit 15 inch split screen wheels and 60 profile tyres :mrgreen:
Pix to follow.

Rich

Went out and took a few up to date pix yesterday now that the Van is totaly finnished externaly.
Give me another 3 years and it may have an interior :mrgreen: .
018-5.jpg

015-5.jpg

012-5.jpg

033-3.jpg

030-3.jpg

032-3.jpg

Latest posts