This is my 70 Deluxe

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RICH-I-AM

Reaction score
Baught this Bus in July from a man in Leatherhead Surrey.
It was imported from california in march and MOT'd in april.
No hidden suprises.
Just needs the front panel sorting(at bodyshop now) and the rusty/leaky sunroof adressing which il be looking at in the winter months.
If all else fails il be getting the spotweld drill out and itl end up a tintop.But hoping for a full working slider sunroof.
watch this space
newbusandbugjam098-1.jpg

newbusandbugjam097.jpg

newbusandbugjam094.jpg

Looks very much like mine.
Only, I don't have the sliding sunroof.
Is it also Montana red from the factory?

greetz

Wim

Evning.
By the looks of things it used to be more cherry judging by the door shuts.
Looks like it was repainted a long time ago.
TBH i prefer the burgandy colour that it is now.I think if i can ever afford a full respray itl be close to what it is now :mrgreen:

Hoosier said:
Evning.
By the looks of things it used to be more cherry judging by the door shuts.
Looks like it was repainted a long time ago.
TBH i prefer the burgandy colour that it is now.I think if i can ever afford a full respray itl be close to what it is now :mrgreen:

Looks to me like Chianti red which would be about right for that year?

It could be Titian Red (L555) which was a 68 colour, or maybe Kings Red (see the Aus' 70 owned by delux on here)?

Peggy01.jpg

thats my chainti red, its more burgundy than red to be honest, that pic looks more like titan red?

If its og paint the exterior may well look very different once polished, the interior of my van & the exterior where I have removed the re-spray(using paint stripper & a stanley blade) currently look quite different but they are definitely the same og paint :wink:

Right this is what it looks like now :mrgreen: .
Externaly its had
1 A full set of Deluxe window rubbers inc chrome inserts
2 Repairs to the front panel inc upper and lower sections and box section behind the lower front panel.
3 A few stickers, i love me stickers.
4. A full engine rebuild,Big ends,littles n mains. Fully rebuilt new oldstock heads,cam and followers,oil pump etc etc.....
BusColchester012.jpg

BusColchester018.jpg

BusColchester016.jpg

BusColchester011.jpg

Sunroof now fitted n going to be painted(The whole roof) in a week or so.

hi!

Looks good - tell me more about your exhaust, is that a stock bug one, does it fit without mods to the rear valance etc???

Looks just what i need on mine..........

Alistair

Heh, it is a standard exhaust but with the baffles removed from the tailpipes :mrgreen: still quiet but now has a note that it didnt used to have, sounds nice.
The engine is a 1600 cc SP motor if that helps :?:

Rich

Hoosier said:
Heh, it is a standard exhaust but with the baffles removed from the tailpipes :mrgreen: still quiet but now has a note that it didnt used to have(Sounds nice, i strongly recomend that everyone does it)
The engine is a 1600 cc SP motor if that helps :?:

Rich

Hi!

Didnt know they did bus ones with 2 pipes, thought it was a beetle one, looks nice tho! Mines a TP, dunno if there is a difference, exhaust wise?

Alistair

Sorry,my mistake :oops: i think it is a Beetle exhaust.
It was on there when i got it :mrgreen:

Just had my Roof and Sunroof painted. Its not an original VW white, i wanted Old English/Ivory white.Just got to get a Sunroof seal now :?
roof015.jpg

roof016.jpg

Also got the bumpers done.
roof012.jpg

Gotta get the wheels shotblasted and painted at some point as well.

Cool.
How does it fit?
Does it fit onto the lip of the sunroof or attach to the hole edge somehow?

Latest posts