This is my 70 Deluxe

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its been there 3+ weeks now and i dont think theyve done much to it as yet. But they have it till christmas so im not that botherd to be honest. As long as they dont do a last minute rush job on it and cut corners.

Hows yours getting on. Got that beam off yet?
Your painting yours this winter arent you?

Pix of last time i saw it a few weeks ago.
BBreezeandStrippedCamper184.jpg

BBreezeandStrippedCamper195-1.jpg

BBreezeandStrippedCamper197.jpg

I plan to have it painted over the winter but I'm still just waiting on a couple of bits to come before making a start. Then hit the roof, bumpers, rack, spare wheel etc first, then the bottom half.
Trouble is I just want to drive it at every opportunity at present :D
The beam will come out at a later date.

Right then, i went down to the bodyshop today and got a few pix :mrgreen: .
Unfortunately they arent that great as the dust in the air has been captured in the shots.
But what the hell, works under way :mrgreen:
oct09015.jpg

oct09016.jpg

oct09021.jpg

Also got a set of 15's that turned up last monday and were shotblasted by the thursday.
These are going on the backburner for now but im glad to finaly get a set 8)
oct09022.jpg
Thats all for now but the bodyshop have told me theyle keep me posted as things progress.

Rich 8)

Progress - you can't beat it ;)

Looking forward to the updates, just as much as you I think :lol:

Yeh, same as before. Im not a purist and did think about a few other colours, but the red is nice and realy suits the final look im going for. Hopefully itl come out ok. 8)

Had a phonecall from the bodyshop yesterday, as they needed to speek to me about the cab doors. I did a few repairs on the underside of both and i think il be replacing them early next year. Theyre only bolt on so il be searching for some minters and ive asked the bodyshop if they can mix a little extra paint to do them next year.
Heres how it looks now. Hopefully being painted next week :mrgreen: .
008-2.jpg

010-3.jpg

016-4.jpg
015-3.jpg

now that is a straight bus. i realise that some folk think its bad to paint an og bus that still looks good but i am still as big a fan of shiney new paint than i am of patina. looking forward to it seeing it painted

Phoned the bodyshop to see how things were going. It be painted :mrgreen: .
Well almost. The Body has been done, the doors, engine bay panels were being painted thisevning hopefully.
Due to the fact that they worked over Christmas they are taking a week off from the 4th of January.
When they are back ive got to fit the doors etc back on and its being 1200 paperd all over then machine polished.
These pix do no justice to the quality of work thats been done. Will put more pix up when i get it back.
xmasnbusnmisc091.jpg

xmasnbusnmisc092.jpg

xmasnbusnmisc094.jpg

xmasnbusnmisc096.jpg

xmasnbusnmisc097.jpg

xmasnbusnmisc095.jpg

Ive had it for a few weeks now and started fitting it up. Theyve done a realy nice job of it and couldnt ask for more.
These pix were taken just after i got it back.
busrespray104-1.jpg

busrespray100.jpg

busrespray107.jpg

busrespray097.jpg

Cheers, comming on slowly but surely but run out of readies at the mo :( .
Got Deluxe trim(Buying new hopefully),Side windows(new rubbers needed) and a few other bits to do so that i can call it done.
Then its interior time..............

Rich 8)

Very very nice Rich, you must be very pleased :D
It'll be good to see it fitted with the new trim.

Cheers.
Im gonna take (if i remember) my camera into work this week and get a few more up to date shots.

Latest posts