This vehicle needs a goods vehicle test certificate!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elliott99

Reaction score
Just got my tax disc reminder, and it says "This vehicle needs a goods vehicle test certificate" Since when? Has anybody else had this slapped on them? I am trying to find out if the goal posts have moved, or its just a DVLC mistake. :roll:
Regards,

Elliott.

Yes I had this
My local post office wouldn't accept my new mot as it wasn't a goods test certificate
In the end my garage advised I went to a certain other post office which they knew and they didn't query what the tax disc reminder form said on it and were happy to give me my tax disc using my normal mot certificate
My garage said it was crazy the dvla called my bus a goods vehicle.
If it was I'd have to take it to the local h g v test station to get an mot lol

Anyway I have written to the dvla and guess what... Still not heard anything grrrr
They will have to sort it cos it ain't right

We are not alone

Just been surfing the inter web
http://www.series2club.co.uk/forum/forum/index.php?topic=66319.0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Stupid blinkin dvla web site
They never ever make anything easy

I just tried to write to them again via email
So I spend 15 min filling out a form but try to send it but it won't send
I write a letter from my emails and try look for a dvla email address and u can't get hold of one u have to write to them via email using there enquiry form which won't send grrrrrr

This has appeared on mine aswell.

So are you saying that not all MOT stations can do goods vehicle tests?

As for the DVLA, I agree with what has already been said. They are a nightmare to deal with.

Mine said that but I just got an ordinary MOT and got my tax online and it all went through fine :D

That sounds like the best route to try first, before bashing heads against the the DVLA wall. I have my MOT booked for Monday, so fingers crossed.

So are you saying that not all MOT stations can do goods vehicle tests?

I used to have a horse-box which had to have a goods vehicle test, and it had to go to a special test centre for its MOT, not your usual local garage, but the worst bit was you had to have the chassis steam cleaned prior to the test,,, Goodbye Waxoil etc.

Elliott.

I tried to get mine online and it wouldn't work

Yes you have to go to a special mot station to get a goods vehicle test, unless of corse your local garage can do it but most can't

You can register it as a camper and then it won't be an issue. There will be regulations as to what they recognise as a camper but worth it in the end. Cheaper on the seven crossing then too!

Faux
In my written letter to the dvla regarding the tax disc mistake I have asked them also to change my panel van to a camper as I am now over midway through my conversion.
Some people with panel vans like to keep them registed that way but I felt as I now have rear seats / bed n seat belts etc it's more of a camper!

Nearly three weeks on still waiting for a reply

shiplee123 said:
Nearly three weeks on still waiting for a reply

I finally got my DVLA stuff sorted by sending copies of the same documents to 2 different DVLA departments at different postcodes.

When I originally phoned them I was told that the documents were being held at another DVLA department which they couldn't access. The person I spoke to was quite helpful and said that they sometimes have this problem, so therefore I sent the 2 letters.

A few days later it was sorted and I got a confirmation in writing.

So, stick at it - might just be the luck of who you speak to.

WHEN YOU TAKE A GOODS VEHICLE FOR AN MOT THE TESTER WILL CHECK THE GROSS WHEGHT ON THE CHASSIS PLATE (well he should!!!!)and if its under 3000kgs then its a class 4 test,if its over 3000 and under 3500 then its a class7,over 3500 then its an hgv.had a transit 4 wheel drive ex fire department in for test (we do class 7)and had to refuse to do it as it was 3850kg.poor bloke had just got it and was turning it into a camper but had not done any work yet.if he had then I could have done it. as we have a pit we get a lot of american and 3 axled campers in as a lot of places cant fit them in.

Update:
The van passed its MOT, and the tax application went through online!!!!
When I have the tax disc in my grubby fist, I shall apply to change the description on the log book from Van to Motor caravan, which should sort things out. Thanks to all who posted!
Elliott.

Latest posts