Those who have fitted a Creative Weedeater ball joint beam..

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Karmann70

Reaction score
I`ve fitted my beam except for the steering damper . Creative supply a "special bracket that fits to the steering arm and allows fitment of a standard steering damper". I have found that it is the wrong shape for the Bay steering arm and the holes in it don`t fit over the track rod end . Creative have never had this problem before .
Has anyone else come across this , and if so , how did you solve it please ?

As far as I can remember the bracket that is supplied is for an early split steering idler arm which didn't have the damper bracket.

Your bay arm (or late splitty) one shouldn't need the bracket as the damper bolts directly to the beam and the steering idler arm.

Hi mate , are you sure your fitting it correct ? I never had a problem with mine . Here's a picture , hope it helps :)

007-2.jpg

That bracket (above post) looks like what I need.
Is that a Creative beam ? It looks the same as mine except for the bearings.
Do you mind if I email that photo to Creative?
Thanks for the replies so far

Hang on , I just re-read your post Sambo.
The hole in the bracket I was supplied will not fit over the threaded part of the track rod end . My track rods have lock nuts not clamps like yours , perhaps that is the difference . Also my bracket will not fit my steering arm , perhaps it is designed for a split .

I just fitted that end of the damper straight to the arm and it was fine. I'm sure there is a reason for the bracket but it was not needed on my last bus and it had full lock.

I have the same beam (soon to be for sale by the way) and I used that bracket for my damper also.

Karmann70 said:
Is that a Creative beam ? It looks the same as mine except for the bearings.

I hope you have needle bearings in your beam. Because those polyurethane bearings are CRAP. I don't know who came with the idea to use them, but for sure it was a deaf cheap-ass m&;@(fu3&r

Latest posts