time to join the gallery!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
10hrs!Brilliant :lol:

wierdly i do enjoy it :?

I am going for a silver the same as the wheels.What do you think?have searched threads on the samba and i think silver looks better than white.It was originally a dirty brown colour.I've never seen a rack like this on a bay.Though it appears to be designed for either this or maybe a split?

I was thinking off white, but not very practical so silver is a good shout. My mate has one on his split panel. It's ratty as fook bus so his the bus 8)

Did think white but thought it may look like plastic!Will go silver and let it age!Its going to get used for trips as designed but i guess once i get it on there i may leave it in place..
have a tester to volksworld and hopefully elemental soon!!
How you getting on with the trailer now?

Just give it a light coat of silver , rub a few bits back then let it go a bit

Silver it is!

2mzzlsm.jpg

14sgtx1.jpg

Bit more work to do on the seized clamps then it can go back on!

Got my new/old overiders this week.Giving them a refurb then back on the bus!
Could be a bit of overider scraping going on!! :lol:

o8tr8h.jpg

the old and the new..

nv6qep.jpg

Kev

Finally got into gear today and finished off my new look bumpers!
Loving the look but not sure how far i'll get before i smash them off :shock:

If you see me at stanford hall and they're still on i'll be smiling :D

f1ms8i.jpg

2hewufb.jpg

fcnz21.jpg

ok1hcj.jpg

Kev

cheers guys!
i got them from rich(squareweave)been after a full set for sometime.
looking forward to Stanford.went for the day last year and really enjoyed it.gonna camp this year.look forward to seeing the panelin the flesh graeme!

Picked up these WEGU mudflaps for next to nothing on ebay.I've been after the a set for a while but the ones for bays are mega expensive.These are for an audi 80 from 1972 and an audi 50/polo/derby.Still bagged!!
Maybe with a bit of modding i can get them to fit.If not nothing lost at £8 for the pair!!
What you think front and backs or just backs?Offered them up to the fronts and they look kinda good!

And i got a funky seventies vw patch chucked in!!

2urrq5u.jpg

yfj9z.jpg

e1fg37.jpg

Kev

Good find Kev, they go for mega ££££s to fit a bus as you say! Let us know how you get on.........the front fitting will stop all the shite up the side of the bus, never seen any fitted tho, so be the first i say 8)

Hi Just

I saw a split with front and rears and it looked quite cool.Could be good :D
With all these accessories next thing you know i'll be gettin a trailer ;)
You're a busy man!!

Kev

Wowsers Kev this has come on a long way since i got the seats of you. Loving the new wheels and bits, giving it a real identity of your own. Will have to come take a look at Stanford Hall :)

Karl

hi Karl

as much as i loved the other wheels they just didn't feel right for what i wanted.happy with the new look.trying not to overdo it!
pop over and say hi if you see the bus!

cheers

Kev

Bored with the wet weather so grafted my vans original front back on photoshop(Badly!!)

2d9wzgl.jpg

So after the disapointment of stanford hall being cancelled and having not much else planned i ventured out today in the bus :D
I went out like this
fcnz21.jpg
8)

and came back like this
2qtdg90.jpg
:oops:

I had a trial run last week and all good.then put 1 more person up front and this is what happens!
Smashed no1 overider off.Heard the bang but did see any overider flying so pulled over about 400m later to see the damage and bingo its gone :lol:
Ran back to the scene and luckily some good soul had put it on a wall.Must have been the couple who were probably thinking what a dickhead as i smacked it off and carried on driving!
To avert any more disasters i pulled up and had to undo the bumper to get the other off!Missus patiently sitting in van reading book on how to find a man who isn't so stupid!!
So gutted that i can no longer run my lovely new overiders but maybe i'll just have to keep them for another bus some day.One with more clearance!
May put the smaller overiders back on.
So all in all a good weekend :roll:

:lol: glad your missus has that book too..
it was a less than glorious moment!
i might need a standard bus for taking her out!
the overiders will have to go in the future projects parts box.
(dreams vs reality)!

Latest posts