• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

TO LOAN: basic body rollers from CJ Autos

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Haveacamper

Reaction score
As my resto comes to an end I'm probably not going to need my body rollers for a while, so thought I'd see if anyone wants to loan them off me rather than buying their own set.

The body rollers can be seen on the CJ Autos website or on my resto thread (page twenty something I think)

I'm based just outside Abergavvenny, south wales or may be able to organise delivery to a show

If you are interested please pm to discuss

I have the 5 bolt and 4 bolt mounting plates for beetles and buses, fits bus 112 and porsche 130pcd. Off the top of my head I don't have the plates for the wide 5 205pcd

NaFe

Now there's a cool offer. Does it come with a free able bodied person to carry out the work? I promise to feed them once a week and not do the shackles up to tight :p :p

Thought i would post a picture rather than make anyone trawl through my resto thread:

greyv.jpg

Nafe, as a matter of interest, how much head room is needed to turn a van on its side?. I have a ceiling in my garage that is about 8 foot and i'm thinking I may need a bit more than that. I would love to borrow the rollers but my work rate is fairly slow due to only getting to work on the van at weekends.

Cheers, Andy

i wouldnt like to commit to saying how tall. depends on normal height of you bus to start with and what roof you have. then you would have to work out the diagonal distact from one wheel centre to the roof on the other side of the bus.

i cant verify the accuracy of this, but:
T2%20Interior%20Dimensions.jpg

if the inside is 1380mm and the width 1550, then the diagonal is about 2100mm or 6ft 8inches. however, this does not account for the added height when you have the rollers fitted.

Van is stock height and has dormobile roof, and stands about 6 ft 9 vertically. Looking at your pics and others I have seen, it seems to me that you have to jack the van up a fair bit to fit the rollers such that the wheel centre is at least 2 foot off the ground...............which kind of tells me I aint goint to be able to roll a van in my garage! (I'll have to cut a section of ceiling out!!

Thanks for the info, mucho appreciated mate,

Andy

hi m8 wow your close to me im in clydach, got a 68 bay im doing up what van u got prob seen u on the road ,ul rent that out well easy, good luck

o right cool. do you liz above the caravan park at the bottom of the black rock?

i've already got someone who is loaning it for the next 2 months. confirming early next week

NaFe

p.s. my bus is currently being restored so you wouldnt have seen it :)

you got it dude pop in for a chat, if your ever passing its good to c other projects ,gives u a bit of a enthusiasm to get on with ur own :lol: :lol:

I've got a mate who's rents live right at the top. As you go past the playing field you fork left up the hill rather than right towards to council estate. There is a hous just by there where I think I've seen a VW before. May have a bit of a car port etc

My rents I've in gilwern, which is where the bus is but I live in cardiff now

you got it :lol:yr vans looking sweet m8 good luck with the resto take care 8)

Latest posts