tow bar wiring - quick removal

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AxlFoley

Reaction score
I have been doing a bit of thinking about tow-bar wiring recently, due to the tow-bar being in the way during engine removal, I would like to be able to remove it quickly, but the wiring would be a pain, so after a bit of research I found this;

41YnLPDBu5L._SX425_.jpg

41MiImTRdRL._SX425_.jpg

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/7-Pins-IP68-Waterproof-Grade-Electrical-Connector-Plug-Socket-Black-/121343212422?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item1c409e7b86" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

its a water proof 7 pin plug that looks like it could be an ideal way of quickly disconnecting the tow-bar wiring for quick removal, has anyone used one or anything similar?

Thanks

Mark

Great idea will use one on mine when the time comes to fit the tow bar
I love the ideas you get off this Forum

Thanks Vinvan

who? said:
Or just use a seven pin trailer socket and plug, you can buy the ends at a camping shop.

That's the first thing that came to mind for me too :) simple, you know where the wires go...

Just under 10cm long, I'm not sure of the diameter, but I would guess it's significantly less than a standard trailer socket

Latest posts