Trimmers in the herts beds bucks area, who have you used??

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Austin

Reaction score
I rang around all of the trimmers in my area that advertise in the yellow pages today to see if they could trim my rock and roll bed, rear padding thing thats part of the bed, and the buddy seat, all in some sort of beige vinyl, nothing fancy, all in one colour.

every where i rang said they couldnt touch it for 6 weeks and all of them wanted between £600 to £800, one even wanted £850 + VAT!!!

are these good prices or am i right to be a little surprised at this? and does anyone know where else i could try that are a little more resonably priced.

If you have had this type of trimming done, where did you take it, and what sort of ball park figure should i expect? i live in milton keynes, but given how today went, i'll travel if needs be.

any help from anyone would be cool.

cheers

Austin

forgot to add, i am fairly handy with most things, is there a place that sells just the materials already sewn up for me to fit over my foams? my sewing machine skills are non existant!! i know there is a guy in th states that does it, is there one in the uk?

Hi mate im in Hitchin got a local guy to do mine. His wife worked with my other halfs mum, he works out of a shed at home. He replaced all the foam in the bed, rear cushion and both parts of the buddy seat. Covered them all in a cream beige colour. Also re-trimmed the rear hatch panel, and two side panels in a dark brown. Cant really remember how much it cost maybe around £500 - £600?

The work was really nice, no problems at all. Very impressed with his work and a top bloke.

I could find out if he's still about if you want?

thanks for that bud, sounds good, and i'm only after the bed, rear cushion, and buddy seat trimming so could be spot on, if you could find out a number for that would be great.

cheers

Austin

mine is currently with these people

http://www.deluxvwinteriors.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

would recommend, good guys

I had my interior done by Pete at Delux when I was living locally & would definately recommend him. You get a great product & service. I had a look on the link above & my front seat & door card are in the gallery! :D

i am going to pick my van up from delux today :D so if you want to see an example of their work let me know and i will take some pic's

Just found out the guy did my trim work is stuck in Sydney. As soon as I know he's back will get his number for u.

If you don't get sorted , give us a call ,we do 3/4 r&r for £400 including foam. plus postage. But we also have a 6-8 weeks waiting list.
Joanne @ J&S Upholstery

try Ant at dubholstery.co.uk. he is doing all my work is reasonable as well as a cool guy. hes in warrington but i know he does work and couriers it about.

mention me (warren) if you ring him

Back in the late 90's, I took my Beetle seats (2 front seats and rear seat base and back) to Bernard Newbury for a vinyl/cloth retrim. Cost about £450 then and he wasn't as expensive as some of the others. I was pleasantly surprised with the quote.

Latest posts