Tubs and original seats

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ground hugger

Reaction score
Hi
with tubs fitted how do you get the og seats to fit ?
The passenger seat clips in at the back ,how do you secure this now the seat is higher ?
The drivers seat goes a lot lower than the runners so you can adjust the back. How do you get over this ? Cheers..Dave. Pics would be good :)

Hi Matt
You can ,its just with the flat tubs I can't see this working with og seats because of the seat recliner sits about 30 mm below the runners
Since posting i've decided to go shorter tub on the drivers side as I want to keep the og seats.

Theres still the rear seat clamp on the passenger side I'd like to know what people have done with this.
I've thought about making a larger/taller bracket to retain the back,but would like to know/see what others have done first......cheers..Dave

Cheers for that fella 8) , I've made some shorter tubs now that don't go right back .there about 2 inch short of the seatbelt mount so hopefully I don't have to alter much.I say hopefully because I haven't welded them in yet nor tried to fit the seat :shock: if they don't work ill resort to shaping the tub abit like you have done :D ..How have you retained the passenger seat at the rear ? ....Cheers Dave

Haven`t done the passenger side yet ... the inner bracket will be welded on to a piece of box section the same height as the tub ( like the inner runner on the drivers side in the pics ) .
I will put some pics up when there is some progress .

I had a crack at the drivers side yesterday and what a pig of a job that was :( ended up modding the seat, setting it on fire twice :lol: and tapering the tub like yours by 15mm.Awaiting delivery of some box section for both sides then I can fit the seats in...

This is what id like to see what people have done with......

cheers...Dave

Latest posts