twin pipes on a bay...........now edited with a new find!!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Right, i wanna join the twin tale pipe gang.......... would this be the correct one i need?

http://www.machine7.com/product.php?xProd=12229&xSec=3212" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Are 1300 and 1600 beetle exhausts the same ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Scutch said:
Happystamps said:
assuming that you have a single hot spot engine, then yes.

this is mine, im not sure if it single or not........ still learning :roll:

stupid question alert!!!!!
how can you tell this is a single hot spot engine :?

Yours is a single it's all about how many pre heat pipes you have on each side

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Twin hot-spot inlet manifold-

stratforduponavon011.jpg

compare that to the one in the picture above ;-)

Well with one issue or another,long story,my stock bus zorst seems to be blowing when cold but after choke is off or engine warm the noise disappears.On start up and blipping the throttle i see exhaust fumes from the front edge of silencer,i assumed it was from the preheat pipe so bought some GUMGUM and had a play but it still blows when cold :(
Not had chance to seriously find out where it is blowing but if i do need to replace it i don't want to shell out large money on a stainless if we sell the van (see long story :roll: :roll: ).

So the clearance from the bumper is ok with regards to melting the paint???

sharky71 said:
Well with one issue or another,long story,my stock bus zorst seems to be blowing when cold but after choke is off or engine warm the noise disappears.On start up and blipping the throttle i see exhaust fumes from the front edge of silencer,i assumed it was from the preheat pipe so bought some GUMGUM and had a play but it still blows when cold :(
Not had chance to seriously find out where it is blowing but if i do need to replace it i don't want to shell out large money on a stainless if we sell the van (see long story :roll: :roll: ).

So the clearance from the bumper is ok with regards to melting the paint???

Briefly stick ur hands over the tailpipes, wrap a rag round ur hands ul soon see/hear where its blowing from

Well the blowing exhaust is not the exhaust it is this!! :evil: :evil: :cry: :cry:

That's two for two engines now for a certain engine builder!!
First one had a knackered sump which took me nearly 3 months to get hold of him to exchange it.Then the second had a fooked sump stud which i had to repair,ran the engine in all is happy in the world,then,i get hit with this shit!
What i thought was a blowing exhaust turns out to be the stud holding the heads on as a fooked thread.
It just turns and turns,there is either a shoulder on it or a heli coil but whatever i believe the thread in the case is fucked!! Am i right? Can you fix it?Can it be fixed with the engine in the van??Is the case totally fooked!!

Now i'm not into naming and shaming but Marriedblonde used the same builder as i did and i know he paid alot more for his engine but come on 650 notes for a longblock with new internals and b&p's with only 700 miles on it is to me still a fair chunk of change,but if the case is not fit for purpose why sell the bloody thing??
I know you get what you pay for and in this instance i have been bit twice now and i'm proper proper proper pissied off!!
Working on the van is in my eyes a learning curve and enjoyable but to do the same job more than twice through no fault of my own takes the piss!!

Rant over,i appologies for upsetting some people but trying to convince my wife and i to keep the faith and getting let down twice on the same item is disheartening :cry:

What can i do people?

Regards.
A very depressed Sharky.

:sick0019:

Latest posts