Twin servo Brakes

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doodbrie

Reaction score
Hi Guys
My Bus is an Aussie import 1970 and it has twin servo brakes but the servo`s dont appear to be connected (The servo pipes have been joined together in the engine compartment) My engine is a 1600 single port with no vacume take off on the manifold?
Where might i be able to get one of these so i can hook up the servo`s, by the way the brakes work fine without the Servo`s.
Do the Twin Servo pipes have to have there own vacume take off from the manifold (one each)or are they joined up via some sort of "T-Piece"

Cheers
Ian

Can you post a picture of the servos? Are there two mounted on the beam? Has it still got drums all round or has it been upgraded?

Hi
It`s a bit difficult to send a picture at the moment as I am in the middle of the North sea (working)
Answer to your questions are the Twin servo`s are mounted on the front beam and I have Drums all round. The Vacume pipes from the Servo`s go along the underside of the Bus through the Tinwork at the rear of the engine compartment then are joined together.
I suspect the engine is not original maybe thats why there is no Servo connection from the manifold.

Regards
Ian

Is there some sort of linkage joining the the two servos together? Where is the master cylinder fitted,is it standard?It seems strange to need two servos on a bus with a standard engine and brakes.It must of had some sort of uprated engine and disk brakes fitted before and twin carbs?

Anyway you could remove the inlet manifold from the engine and get an outlet brazed/welded on.Fit it on the cenral bit a couple of inches below where the carb goes on.But you won't really need the servo and I'm not sure that I'd recommend it with drum brakes,as you say they work fine anyway.

Latest posts