Type 2 Owners Club

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KTetley

Reaction score
Is anyone a member of the T2OC? Just wondered if its worthwhile joining?
Any other clubs I should be thinking about joining?

Thanks

KTetley said:

Thanks

MMmmm,I was a member for 3 years (2005-2008) and it was a little clicky for my liking.
There was a by monthly magazine that they sent out that got a little samey.
Did hear on VZI (i think) that someone was getting their lowerd van valued by the T2OC and they said to him that lowerd vans wernt what the "club" were striving for/believed in, for want of a better word.
But im gonna possibly join for a year to see how it is now.
Worth joining for a year just to see how it goes eh?

Rich

I've been a member - once.not my type of club.I got the feeling it was for ,erm,the retired VW type 2 owner? all stock & the mag was boring.imho

you won't get better than earlybay ;)

Hmm, thats what I thought. I got the impression from the website and the sample magazine they sent.
Is Earlybay a club as such then? There is no membership is there?

K

KTetley said:
Hmm, thats what I thought. I got the impression from the website and the sample magazine they sent.

K

NO

with luck and the sponsors it will remain free and untethered by all the beurocracy of club life and therefore remain as impartial as a gathering of like minded dispersed folks can ever be....

Its the posters and readers, the dipper inners and the die hards that keep it that way so keep up the good work guys, we're fortunate that there is very little moderation actually takes place in regards to the need to censor you lot of thugs and repribates....

Johnny is working hard in the background, sourced a new server, one that will take earlybay further and hopefully consign the recent service provider issues to the bin....

So keep attending those shows meet up drink beer and talk busses guys

Nice one.
Id better get some stickers then!
Thanks to everyone thats helped a novice newcomer to the VW world, I'm glad I went for the Earlybay now!
Im sure there will be plenty more questions and I'll have pics to post of the resto to post soon.
I think I'll give the T2OC a miss then.
Cheers
Kev

Hoosier said:
KTetley said:

Thanks

MMmmm,I was a member for 3 years (2005-2008) and it was a little clicky for my liking.
There was a by monthly magazine that they sent out that got a little samey.
Did hear that someone was getting their lowerd van valued by the T2OC and they said to him that lowerd vans wernt what the "club" were striving for/believed in, for want of a better word.

That was me. :mrgreen:

From looking at the t2 oc field at vanfest it did seem an older persons club and most buses were stock and late! ( not that stock is a bad think mind)

sparkywig said:
mattd1984 said:
From looking at the t2 oc field at vanfest it did seem an older persons club and most buses were stock and late! ( not that stock is a bad think mind)

Nothing wrong with older persons..... ;)

Yeah! I'm a granny :D But my bus is lowered and she is going to be v 8)

My 19 year old boys mates said when she's on the road they are going to phone him and ask if his Mums in :lol:

type2tattoo said:
sparkywig said:
mattd1984 said:

Nothing wrong with older persons..... ;)

Yeah! I'm a granny :D But my bus is lowered and she is going to be v 8)

My 19 year old boys mates said when she's on the road they are going to phone him and ask if his Mums in :lol:

8)

Araon said:
KTetley said:

K

NO

with luck and the sponsors it will remain free and untethered by all the beurocracy of club life and therefore remain as impartial as a gathering of like minded dispersed folks can ever be....

Its the posters and readers, the dipper inners and the die hards that keep it that way so keep up the good work guys, we're fortunate that there is very little moderation actually takes place in regards to the need to censor you lot of thugs and repribates....

Johnny is working hard in the background, sourced a new server, one that will take earlybay further and hopefully consign the recent service provider issues to the bin....

So keep attending those shows meet up drink beer and talk busses guys

The above is why if you glance to the left, it says 'early bay is my life'. Wonderful people, the font of VW knowledge and despite my occasional drunken inappropriate comment, not too many death threats made against me! I love it here! 8)

I joined the T2OC about 15 years ago for one year only but never renewed my subs
seemed a bit clicky as someone already said,
they send you a little newsletter with articles like ""how to change a wiper blade with the aid of a bicycle pump""
i think they started the vanfest thing didnt they?
but ive never been to that either or any show as a matter of fact :D

Latest posts