Type25 wheelstud question

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lobus

Reaction score
I have got lovely set of Caravelle wheels to fit onto my T3, but I have hit a problem with the wheelstuds. They are not long enough as standard, and they are bolts this time.
Do anyone here have a Caravelle witht he alloys that can help me out with the part number or specs of the longer bolts?

I realise this is a non early query, but there are not many of these buses in Australia.

TIA...David

It's a real pain when changing wheels.

I have a T25 as well & have a set of Audi wheels. There are quite a few suppliers in the UK that can sell you longer studs and bolts.

To do the rear, you might have to remove the rear hub to fit the longer studs.

Check to see if you need spacers too, as you will need to allow for them when ordering new studs/bolts. It is a good time to do a stud conversion kit for the front too. It makes fitting wheels & spacers a whole lot easier.

Ive done this in the past, pulled the rear hub to fit longer studs and used longer bolts up front. I used Machine 7 for these.
I guess Aus will have a supplier somewhere .... ?

One point to think about at the back is rear sliding door clearance ... too wide and it may foul. If so get another u-bracket, cut them up and weld back together extended as required.

Darn 80's rubbish .... ;)

Thanks for the tips but I went over to The samba with my query as well, the boys over there put up a link
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/VW-VANAGON-CARAT-ALLOY-WHEEL-lug-nut-bolt-set-westy-mv_W0QQitemZ300117280042QQcmdZViewItem
And I bought the set. The nuts I got with the wheels were off a Syncro which doesn't have the bolts on the front.

They will be here early next week..I'll post some pics up when I get them fitted.

lugnuts.jpg

Latest posts