Oil pump help

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kyrk72

Reaction score
Hi all

I have a query regarding my oil pump. I have a 72 crossover bus which has a T2 twinport engine fitted. This is a vega refurb unit approx 15 years old fitted before I owned the bus.

I was going to replace the pump when my engine was recently out for maintenance, but to my surprise when I inspected the pump to see what was fitted the current pump had gears that were 21mm width with 8mm casing bolts ( I was expecting 26mm for a twinport). I can only assume the case is from an earlier spec engine built up to be a twinport?

The pump currently fitted is a VW branded pump with the No 111.115.109A cast onto it.

Would anyone know what what pump would fit as this part number isnt listed on any of the retailers, so I am totally stumped.

Any info would be much appreciated.

Many thanks, Cheers Andy

megaaircooled said:
There are 2 stock pumps,3 rivet cam, 4 rivet cam, cant interchange.

Thanks for the info. It's a bit confusing as I can't match the part No to anything. Going on this I need a 3 rivet cam pump.
Cheers Andy

Another question ref Oil pumps.
When I took off my existing pump the other day I took some photos. I was looking through these and I noticed the existing pump has a oblong hole in the rear of the body of the pump right next to the port of the pump.
Would any one have any idea of why that hole should be there?
What effect it could have on the pump?
Its a rough looking hole, I'll try and fathom out how to post a pic.

Kyrk72 said:
That hole is there so VW could save material and also make the part not so heavy. Same with cases, heads, if they were all solid blocks they would be heavy and expensive. They used webbing as a way to make the case as strong as needed and and at the same time light. The reduction in material multiplied by millions of parts results in a huge saving.

Abel

Latest posts