Uber Cool - Bay 'Mini Me' trailer

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks lush!

Why not hinge the engine lid down separately, a bit like a range rover?
I know the hinges might look a bit odd but it would give you full height loading and maybe even make a nice wee seat out back!

Both rear corners welded in place now and started to blend into side panels. Quick blow over with primer to get it all into one colour

trailerinprimer.jpg

trailerinprimer2.jpg

Managed to clear some stuff around in the barn and get the trailer out to try on the back of the bay. Tows nice, think it needs to go down another spline to match the bay.

101_0802.jpg

101_0803.jpg

101_0806.jpg

101_0805.jpg

Yep the leyland national is also in the Barn (one of the things we needed to move to get the trailer out) its my mates motorhome. Its in the London transport colours, complete with logo and all signage inside. The seats have gone and made way for a kitchen, bathroom and bedroom at the rear. makes my camper look very tiny :oops: He's also got a Ghia and Baja bug, so a big VW fan too.

dubscum said:
i think I've read the feature on the Leyland motorhome in retro rides mag :D very cool
Yep same guy :D he's on this forum as well, so probably will be along soon, chuffed someone has spotted his bus :lol:

179808_10150400632955646_682285645_17166842_7470079_n.jpg

:D schweeet :D

gonna be gettin it MOT'd this week, its been off the road for about 6 months due to steering rack failure, the only rack i could get was off a mk2, so needed custom trackrods, a new custom solid pipe, and fitting :S ever fitted a gearbox by puttin it on your chest and lifting it into place? well this was the same but heaver. lol.

199463_10150497073290646_682285645_18045919_3678903_n.jpg

we found some chequer plate for the camper trailer :D for the floor, should look sweet, and best of all, its free :D

anyways, sorry for the hijack, i'll let you get along and play with your likkle campers ;)

great stuff! I grew up with Nationals,my Dad was a Bus driver for Crossville etc loved them! I even rode the unique electric Leyland National several times.

anyway,ahem... back to the trailer......

Oooh a Leyland National! Love 'em, particularly the early ones with those clattery smokey engines! :D

Anyway, yes, back to the trailer, it's fab! 8)

aye that engine is nice and smokey, aspecially cos i run it on chip fat :D lol

i found a little friend to help sand down the camper trailer :D a lad that goes to our motorsport club, just done his GCSE exams and wants to have a go at working on the cars, so i said he can do some sanding and he is up for it (its jack BTW, andy) :D lol

the camper trailer has had quite a few good comments since its been painted all one colour, i guess some people cant see past the patchwork of pannels in different colours, so now it looks all one everyone thats visited me at the unit thinks its awesome :D i wanna make a fibreglass mould of it, then we can sell them for people to put on their own trailer chassis :D

Well now the Porsche engine has gone tits up :( I suppose its back on to completing this project!

Jack's more than welcome to help out :D

Latest posts